Issue in setting up 3.x and 4.x both on same server(IIS7)

Posted by Community Admin on 03-Aug-2018 21:56

Issue in setting up 3.x and 4.x both on same server(IIS7)

All Replies

Posted by Community Admin on 03-May-2011 00:00

Hi,

I was changing and upgrading site to 4.x. I have IIS7 on my server and Net 4.0. Now I want to run both ver 3.x and 4.x on the same server(IIS7). If changed DefaultAppPool as .Net 2.0 then sitefinity 4.x site does not work and if i changed it to as .NET 4.0 then some 3.x site does not work. Its urgent to run both app on server.

I am looking forward to your reply.

Thanks,
Tarun

Hi Tarun,

you can create another app pool for .net 4.0 for 4.x site and leaving DefaultappPool as .net 2.0 for 3.x site

Thanks,
JH

Thanks for reply!

Please could you tell me how to make another DefaultAppPool for .Net 4.o. I have set it separatly .Net 4.0 for the site but still getting the below error.

during development.
Line 42: 				-->
Line 43:     <compilation debug="false" targetFramework="4.0">
Line 44:       <assemblies>
Line 45:         <add assembly="System.Web.Routing, Version=4.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=31BF3856AD364E35"/>

Thanks,
Tarun 

Posted by Community Admin on 04-May-2011 00:00

Hi ,

Open IIS Manager and go to Application Pools. Then set the .NET 4.0 version of the application pool that your website uses.

All the best,
Ivan Dimitrov
the Telerik team

Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items

This thread is closed