Maximum Number of Pages

Posted by Community Admin on 03-Aug-2018 00:38

Maximum Number of Pages

All Replies

Posted by Community Admin on 04-May-2011 00:00

Hi,

Out of curiosity, how many content pages can Sitefinity support?

Thanks,

Posted by Community Admin on 04-May-2011 00:00

Hi SteveW,

It depends on the license you purchase. You can see the license comparisons here.

Kind regards,
Stanislav Velikov
the Telerik team

Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items

Posted by Community Admin on 05-May-2011 00:00

Hi Stanislav,

My question was not how many pages my license will permit me to create but how many pages Sitefinity will support.

Assuming I have a Standard license or above, how many pages will Sitefinity support? How many pages can I create with out serious performance issues?

Thanks,

Posted by Community Admin on 06-May-2011 00:00

Hi Steve,

The performance depends on how much pages are on a single level and how many nodes will be shown on the public side or the place where you want to improve page performance. Considering showing 
 10 000 pages would cause some issue on the public page if you do not use client side binding and load on demand, page caching and increased caching expiration is also essential for improving performance ( caching is enabled by default in Sitefinity 4.1. ).

IIS configuration is also important as mentioned here.

We are currently in a process of creating a generator allowing us to test different scenarios in Sitefinity in order to provide valid statistics for the performance of Sitefinity in different situations which will give very good numerical answer to your question. We will run the tests on the frontend and backend so we will get more descriptive results. We are also working to improve the performance of the navigation widget and the sitemap widget which will be available in Sitefinity 4.2. and the optimizations that we are going to make will ensure that the out of the box navigation control will be able to work with large sitemap.

We are currently not able to provide you specifically how many pages will produce a certain load on the performance until we complete the generator that will allow us to test and get that statistical information.

All the best,
Stanislav Velikov
the Telerik team

Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items

Posted by Community Admin on 06-May-2011 00:00

Hi Stanislav,

Thank you very much for the detailed reply. The only reason I ask this is because we are generating ~800 pages that are not visible on the front-end navigation and it appears that after generating these pages sporadically but very often we receive page errors while navigating to these pages.

This is the error:
Incorrect number of arguments supplied for call to method 'Boolean Equals(System.String)'

Has Sitefinity 4.x been tested with this many pages?

Thanks,

Posted by Community Admin on 11-May-2011 00:00

Hi Steve,

We managed to test a few scenarious with published pages. Generated pages were 8420 separated at 20 root level pages and each of them having 20 child pages and childs having 20 additional pages under them. Sitefinity behaved normally with those pages created. We found some issues about the LINQ parser that we are going to fix.

Greetings,
Stanislav Velikov
the Telerik team

Posted by Community Admin on 21-Jun-2011 00:00

Did you create 101 pages without any sub level pages?

I can't create more than 100 pages at the root level. When I create 101st page, the database goes corrupted. I can't delete any pages after creating the 101st page. I can't publish the 101st page, it returns code# 12512.

It alerts message "workflow won't allow to delete the page....."

Is there a place where the number of pages at the root can be created is configured? I tried in admin section for the page nodes, it had default 100 and changed it to 120, it didn't work. I changed it to 0, it didn't work either.

Just wondering if sitefinity won't allow more than 100 pages at one level.

I'm having tough time since we are crossing the project deadline.

Hope someone can help.

I was able to create over 700 pages under one node however it was not the root node.

Steve

Thanks for your quick reply Steve.

Not sure why this behaves like this, I have upgraded SF 4.0 to SF 4.1

Under Administration > Settings > Advanced Settings > Pages

I set the "MaxPageSiteMapNodes" to 120, I couldn't create my 101st page.
I set the "MaxPageSiteMapNodes" to 0, I couldn't create my 101st page either.

Do you think is there any other setting that prevents this? Since this happens exactly when cross the number "100", I'm little confident it's configurable.

Thanks for your help.

I didn't have to modify any settings. The only thing I can think of is maybe a licensing restriction. Have you checked into what license you are using?

Steve

Yes I did.

Initially i started with community edition which allowed only 25 pages to be published. Then I upgraded to SF 4.1 standard edition which I believe allows unlimited pages to be published.

Right now I'm having SF 4.1 Standard edition. If it was a licensing restriction, it shouldn't have allowed me to create more than 50 pages in first place. I have created 100 pages so far and all of them working fine. I just can't go past 100 pages.

Thanks!

Hi Balancepoint,

What version of Sitefinity are you using when encountering the problem?
Have you tried upgrading your project to Sitefinity 4.1.1405 or 4.1.1395?
What happens when you create a group page and place some of the pages from the problematic node into the group page, does it allow you to create more pages?
Any information regarding your project will be of help in order to try reproduce the problem and then provide a fix.

Kind regards,
Stanislav Velikov
the Telerik team

I'm using SF 4.1.1339.0

Upgraded my project from SF 4.0 to SF 4.1.1339.0

I can create new pages under another level, not in the root. What I mean is if I have a page called "aboutus" then I can create a new page under "aboutus" but not at the same level where the "aboutus" page is located. This happens only when I cross 100 pages.

I don't have to create pages under group when I can publish unlimited pages at any level using "Standard" edition.

The upgrade was not so smooth either, when I upgraded from SF 4.0 to 4.1.1339.0, every time I complile my project, the compilation succeeds but when I view the page in the browser, it throws "unable to load the type....." exception. I have to copy the SF 4.1 DLL back to my bin folder to make it work. It's very annoying.

I expected the upgrade to be peaceful.

I know we had to install the most recent version of OpenAccess ORM. Have you installed it?

Steve

No I haven't. Do you know how to get that install? I don't know if the upgrade documentation has this mentioned.

Sometimes I used to wonder why this semi working product is in production :)

No offense folks but looking at the issues we face, I'm busted with this upgrade. Not sure how many projects were successful from 4.0 to 4.1.1339.0

I got it from our user account but we have a premium collection. After upgrading this fixed all of our issues with our custom modules.

Steve

Posted by Community Admin on 22-Jun-2011 00:00

Hi Balancepoint,

The behavior you describe after and during the upgrade is unexpected and it should be the reason. You can get latest version of OpenAccess and RadControls from Sitefinity SDK. Since 1339 is problematic I recommend upgrading your project to the latest Sitefinity release and also update your Sitefinity installation with the SDK installation which will take care you are using the latest version of Telerik products. Also it would be better to upgrade your old SF 4.0 installation where I believe you haven`t had such problem.

Please inform me of your progress.

All the best,
Stanislav Velikov
the Telerik team

Posted by Community Admin on 07-Nov-2011 00:00

I got a response on a similar ticket.  Here is what they said to do:

Yes, we have a default limit of 100 child pages. This is a setting of the sitemap provider which is stored the web.config
find the system.web section, there you have <sitemap section and a providers collection. Add a parameter maxPageNodes to the SitefinitySiteMap provider so it becomes like that

<system.web>
     <siteMap defaultProvider="SitefinitySiteMap">
      <providers>
        <add name="SitefinitySiteMap" type="Telerik.Sitefinity.Web.SitefinitySiteMap, Telerik.Sitefinity" taxonomyProvider="OpenAccessDataProvider" pageTaxonomy="Pages" rootNode="FrontendSiteMap"
        pageProvider="OpenAccessDataProvider"
        maxPageNodes="200"
        />
      </providers>
    </siteMap>

This thread is closed