Simplicity Navigation Widget not showing my pages

Posted by Community Admin on 03-Aug-2018 05:21

Simplicity Navigation Widget not showing my pages

All Replies

Posted by Community Admin on 05-May-2011 00:00

Great video on how to install templates by the way!!!!

So I added a couple of pages to the site, using all the same settings, and I don't get the menu items showing at all.  If you look at the example page, you see Home, Blog, etc with the a couple work Description underneath. 

What might be the problem?

Posted by Community Admin on 09-May-2011 00:00

Hi Tom,

Please clarify more where the menu is not showing up. From your current description it appears you are missing to put a navigation widget on your newly creted pages or you have not created pages for blog and etc. to be shown in navigation (or "show in navigation" option is missing ).

Please feel free to write back.

Best wishes,
Stanislav Velikov
the Telerik team

Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items

Posted by Community Admin on 15-May-2011 00:00

That was my first thought too, or I missed a setting, so I went back and made sure it was identical.  I made additional pages just like the video, same settings.  So on the "home" page where there should be "Home" and a description below it, the "Blog" with a description below it, etc., I just have a blank black background.

All the configuration / adding of the navigation system work was completed in a template.  Do I need to do something on the "page" that is using the template? 

So I dropped a Navigation element on the section and I now see menu items.  Why isn't the page picking up the template navigation item?  Is this a bug?

Posted by Community Admin on 16-May-2011 00:00

Hi Tom,

You had your pages with their respective widgets using some template and you decided to use custom master page as template you need to put in the custom master page Content Placeholders with the same ID`s like the placeholder ID`s of your previous template.  The id`s must be the id`s of the placeholders you already populated with content. To get them you must go to the database of your project and find dbo.sf_object_data where the placeholder id`s are stored. there is a column place_holder and you will notice the ID`s of your placeholder (TD2D0ACAB001_Col00 and they increment in the order you placed you widgets TD2D0ACAB002_Col00 ...). If you don`t specify your content placeholders with the right id the content will not be lost, but you will not be able to edit it in the backend.
I recommit using Revision history for your pages to be able to revert to previous state if you make a mistake.
Consider making a theme if you want to just change the design of the pages as the theme requires nothing special to apply to the page.
You say when you have put a new navigation widget all was ok and that is because you get all pages from this new control rather than calling the old navigation control to do it`s job.

Regards,
Stanislav Velikov
the Telerik team

Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items

Posted by Community Admin on 18-May-2011 00:00

This is a new site.  I think I did go back and modify the template after I created the pages, so I deleted the few pages I had created and recreated them, still not picking up the widget I put on the template.

So this is what I think is suppose to happen.

I installed a theme.
I created a custom template and applied the theme to the template.
I then created a couple of pages with the new template.

One of the items that I put on the template is a custom navigator widget.

Shouldn't the page automatically pick up the widget from the template?  It doesn't seem to be.

What am I missing?

Posted by Community Admin on 18-May-2011 00:00

Hello Tom,

The page should automatically pick widgets from the template.
There is a bug associated with placing widgets on templates they become uneditable in the backend, but appear properly in the frontend. Please consider placing widgets directly on your pages.

Regards,
Stanislav Velikov
the Telerik team

Posted by Community Admin on 25-May-2011 00:00

Sorry I am sporadic on responding to this thread.  I am trying to get a users group site up.

So I tried to use the custom widget directly on the page, no joy.  Just blank.  Does anyone have the "Simplicity" theme navigation working?  Maybe it is a problem with the theme?

By the way, really getting frustrated.  This should be a basic capability:  Themes and Templates.

Some FYI:  Just installed the 4.1 SP1, I can install the nightly build if you think that would help.  We are just starting and don't expect the site to go live for several more weeks.

I am suppose to do a presentation in a week on the new site and at this point I am likely to cancel it as I am having way to many problems.

Thanks.

Posted by Community Admin on 26-May-2011 00:00

Hi Tom,

Using widgets on pages should not cause any problems.

I understand your frustration themes and templates are basic functionality, but we are currently experiencing bugs with widgets placed on templates. They appear un-editable in the backend, but OK on the fronted.

Concerning the problems you have with navigation please refer to the comments here and note changing the StartingNodeOffset from 1 to 0. Please note that template is developed from a third party vendor.

Attached a file with the project manager 4.1.1405 you mention to have trouble with.

Kind regards,
Stanislav Velikov
the Telerik team

[View:/cfs-file/__key/communityserver-discussions-components-files/295/273602_5F00_Sitefinity_2D00_part1.rar:320:240]

[View:/cfs-file/__key/communityserver-discussions-components-files/295/273604_5F00_Sitefinity_2D00_part3.rar:320:240]

[View:/cfs-file/__key/communityserver-discussions-components-files/295/273603_5F00_Sitefinity_2D00_part2.rar:320:240]

Posted by Community Admin on 09-Jun-2011 00:00

Thanks for you response.  I am not having problem downloading.  What I am asking is can a get a beta build that would have this fixed?  I am more then happy to run a beta for now.

Any chance to get like a weekly test build of 4.1 SP2.  I am more then happy to even install a unit to test a fix. We are a programmers users group, so we are more then happy to take the risk :-)

Posted by Community Admin on 10-Jun-2011 00:00

Hello Tom,

You can download the latest internal build which is not officially supported and aimed for testing purposes 1426. The problems with widgets placed on templates is not fixed in it. Note we are releasing internal build every Friday.

Kind regards,
Stanislav Velikov
the Telerik team

Posted by Community Admin on 10-Jun-2011 00:00

Is this likely to get fixed soon (what is the priority on this bug)?

Posted by Community Admin on 14-Jun-2011 00:00

Hello Tom,

Priority is maximum. We apologize for the delay, our developers are working really hard to provide fixes and also implement new functionality.

If I can be of any further assistance please write back.

All the best,
Stanislav Velikov
the Telerik team

This thread is closed