Whole site search index explaination needed

Posted by Community Admin on 03-Aug-2018 23:17

Whole site search index explaination needed

All Replies

Posted by Community Admin on 05-May-2011 00:00

Hi all,

I am stuck with the Search Index in SF 4.1. Maybe somebody can explain to me what I am doing wrong.

I have a site with several top level pages. All have content widgets.
I created a Search Index like explained in the Documentation. For Content I have to add 1 default page so I chose Home.
After creating a Search page and adding a Search and Search Results widget. I selected my Search Index in the Search widget and coupled the Search widget to the Search Result widget.

Personally I would have expected that I need to add all pages to the Search Index I want to get indexed. But I read it would go automatically. Funny enough only my Home page is indexed!

What do I need to do I can get search results based on the content of all the pages in my website?

Any help is very appreciated!

Thanks,
Perry

Posted by Community Admin on 06-May-2011 00:00

Hi Perry,

There is a bug related to the page index that we fixed in our code base. We will include the fix in the forthcoming internal build, so you will be able to test it.

Greetings,
Ivan Dimitrov
the Telerik team

Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items

Posted by Community Admin on 11-May-2011 00:00

Dear Ivan

If I understand your post right. Search simply is not working?

I tried to implement a search in my site and it did not work.

Markus

Posted by Community Admin on 12-May-2011 00:00

Hi Ivan Dimitrov,

We are also facing same issue mentioned by Perry.

Any updates on this. Let us know if there is any workaround or solution for the search functionality.

Best Regards,

Janak Darji

Posted by Community Admin on 12-May-2011 00:00

Hello ,

The issue has been fixed and the search will work properly again in the forthcoming service pack.

Kind regards,
Ivan Dimitrov
the Telerik team

Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items

Posted by Community Admin on 18-May-2011 00:00

Is there an ETA on when this service pack will be released?

Posted by Community Admin on 19-May-2011 00:00

Dear Jon

The SP was released May 13th. http://www.sitefinity.com/versionnotes.aspx?id=2459

I think your issue was fixed there. You can donwnload the new SiteManager from your account.

Markus

Posted by Community Admin on 24-Jan-2012 00:00

Still having problems creating a search index that searches the whole site. The site contains many toplevel content items with subitems. But I'm not able to select all content items. So just one is indexed. I don't get how to set this correctly. My sf version is 4.4.

Posted by Community Admin on 26-Jan-2012 00:00

Hi Carsten Koster,

What do you mean by "toplevel content items with subitems"? Do you refer to one of the built-in content types of Sitefinity or you refer to your own custom data types?

All the best,
Ivan Pelovski
the Telerik team

Posted by Community Admin on 26-Jan-2012 00:00

Hi Ivan,

I a dded a screenshot of the Pages of my site to explain. As you can see I have multple Pages and I would like to define a search index that includes all of these pages. When I create a new search index I can select which Content Items I would like to add to the scope, but I can only select one page like Home.

I would like to search all existing sites. Is that possible?

Greats from Germany

Posted by Community Admin on 30-Jan-2012 00:00

Hello,

When creating search index you can specify only one page where the content is published. It is required to have news widget on this page if you are indexing news items. All other pages that have news widget on them will be indexed also, if you select a page without news widget on it no results will be returned.

If you are selecting Home page as the default page when creating news widget make sure you have news widget on this page, if you index blogs and events also make sure you have their widgets on this page too.

The index will search the whole site and all pages that allow to be searched (access page Action menu -> Title and Properties and make sure "allow search index to index this page" checkbox is selected.).

Searching content on other sites will not work, the search index searches only the contents of the current site.

Regards,
Stanislav Velikov
the Telerik team

This thread is closed