Footer Text in Template Is Floating to Top of Page

Posted by Community Admin on 03-Aug-2018 15:43

Footer Text in Template Is Floating to Top of Page

All Replies

Posted by Community Admin on 06-May-2011 00:00

When we put some copyright (or any) text in the footer area in the page template, it looks correct in the template and when editing the page.

But when it is published and viewed live, that footer text is floating up to the top of the page and appearing below the header icon.

This is a basic Left Sidebar, Header, Footer template with a header image and navigation bar added at the top.

Does anyone know how to make the footer render the same way it is set up in the template?

thanks, you folks are a great help!

It sounds like a styling issue (css) but without seeing your html or the page it's difficult to try and figure out what might be wrong.

Do you use the tool "Firebug"? it is a firefox addon that lets you inspect the properties of an element such as css and change them on the fly on a live page so you can see exactly what css properties need to be modified to fix an error such as this.

I suggest you give it a try if you are not already using it, it should go a long way to helping you identify the problem.

hope this was helpful!

thanks
Yeah I love fire bug!

But no custom CSS, this is a template issue the page content is not being inserted where we expect it to be in the templates.

Sounds familiar! This happened to me on pages using a 4.0 template. After 4.1 upgrade, the footer floated above the main page content. I tried republishing pages to fix, but after additional odd behavior (3-col layouts started turning into 3 stacked, flat sections) I'm now using a new, blank template for new content and copying page elements to this clean page where behavior so far has been stable.

Posted by Community Admin on 11-May-2011 00:00

Hi SelArom,

Please excuse us for this inconvenience. You are right, the issue is not due to CSS, most of the times it's a result of using a template that's based on another one, and the content that's situated in the parent template's placeholders gets loaded first. To avoid this issue you need to specify placeholders on your child template where the controls will be put and thus avoid reordering of contend on the frontend version of the pages. We have provided a fix for this issue in our latest internal build, and the fix will also be included in the upcoming Service Pack. I hope you find this information useful, if you have any additional questions, please let us know.

All the best,
Boyan Barnev
the Telerik team

Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items

This thread is closed