User Account Management

Posted by Community Admin on 03-Aug-2018 18:23

User Account Management

All Replies

Posted by Community Admin on 09-May-2011 00:00

I need to do two things against my better judgement for a site.  I need to allow for multiple user accounts to be tied to the same email and adjust the password strength requirements.  How do I do these things in Sitefinity 4.0?

Posted by Community Admin on 12-May-2011 00:00

Hello Scott,

Let me clarify what you are trying to achieve - do you want to create a user control which when someone is being registered he/she needs to cover certain security parameters or you want to have backend settings to your widgets which allow to binds users to a single email? Also please clarify what kind of password strength you want because it sounds pretty general at the moment.

Regards,
Victor Velev
the Telerik team

Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items

Posted by Community Admin on 12-May-2011 00:00

I am looking to allow multiple user records share the same email address.

Secondly, I am looking to alter the password strength standards.

Posted by Community Admin on 16-May-2011 00:00

Hi Scott,

There is a setting of the membership provider which tells whether the provider requires unique email. By default it is set to true. If you set it to false, the unique email should not be required anymore. The config modification might require application restart until the changes take an effect. Please refer to the attached screenshot.

You can modify the password strength parameters by changing some values of the membership provider.  You should go to Administration -> Settings -> Advanced -> Security -> Membership Providers -> Default -> Parameters and you can edit the values you want. Please refer to attached screenshot.

Greetings,
Victor Velev
the Telerik team

Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items

Posted by Community Admin on 12-Sep-2017 00:00

Hi, different Scott here bumping this old post because I'm trying to do the same thing as described here with Sitefinity 10 and it appears this is no longer supported.

We're upgrading from Sitefinity 8 and have millions of user accounts with duplicate emails all over the place and we're unable to clean them up at this time.  In the backend settings the default provider has the requiresUniqueEmail = false, but then when the CreateUser method runs it still returns a status of "DuplicateEmail".

When inspecting the UserManager.Provider object it is showing the correct "default" provider, but the RequiresUniqueEmail variable is set as "true".  When I try to inspect it or modify it in code the variable is set as ReadOnly and marked with the following flag: "Obsolete: Parameter is no longer used, email address must be unique".

How can I replicate the same functionality that we have now in Sitefinity 8 so that we can continue with our upgrade?

Thanks!!

This thread is closed