Using Navigation Control in 4.1 like SiteMenu

Posted by Community Admin on 03-Aug-2018 20:44

Using Navigation Control in 4.1 like SiteMenu

All Replies

Posted by Community Admin on 09-May-2011 00:00

Is there a way to make the Navigation Control behave like SiteMenu Control in 3.7?

For Navigation Control here is what I did -
I choose the navigation type to Tree (Vertical with Sub-Levels, as I have Page Groups and Individual Pages inside the Page Group).
Required Behavior -
If a node in the Sub-Level is clicked the Node list doesn't stay open. It collapses back to its initial state. I want the current page's parent to be open.

Can anyone guide me on how to obtain the above said behavior.?

Thanks!

Posted by Community Admin on 13-May-2011 00:00

Hi Venkata,

The problem is when you set NavigateUrl of the item the control loses its state. That's why you need to find a way to persist the value of the selected node as an attribute or cookie and expand it properly after the redirect occurs reading the cookie value. Please take a look at the attached template which you can map for your Navigation control in Sitefinity. I have attached a short video demonstrating how to set this up and a demo of the result. Please inform us if you have any additional questions.

Regards,
Boyan Barnev
the Telerik team

[View:/cfs-file/__key/communityserver-discussions-components-files/295/270677_5F00_RTV_2D00_Node_2D00_expand.rar:320:240]

[View:/cfs-file/__key/communityserver-discussions-components-files/295/270678_5F00_RTV_2D00_template.rar:320:240]

Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items

This thread is closed