Add Thumbnail Url to News Module

Posted by Community Admin on 03-Aug-2018 12:32

Add Thumbnail Url to News Module

All Replies

Posted by Community Admin on 10-May-2011 00:00

Hi,

I have a requirement where every news would have a thumbnail image. I just need to provide the thumbnail picker in my add / edit news item control.

Please let me know how can I achieve this.

Regards,
Siddesh Kapadi

Posted by Community Admin on 11-May-2011 00:00

Hi,
No replies on this?

it was really simple in 3.7 version with mapping the external templates and adding the keys to metadata.

Regards,
Siddesh Kapadi
(+91-9833914008)

Posted by Community Admin on 11-May-2011 00:00

Hello Siddesh,

1. Please check this post

www.sitefinity.com/.../creating_a_thumbnail_selector_for_news_items.aspx

2. Response time in forums is 72 hrs

Best wishes,
Ivan Dimitrov
the Telerik team

Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items

Posted by Community Admin on 03-Aug-2012 00:00

Is this solution, or more accurately the updated solution specified here, http://www.sitefinity.com/blogs/slavoingilizov/posts/11-02-11/creating_a_thumbnail_selector_for_news_items.aspx, still the best way to add a custom field to the news module that will select an image? 

Isn't there a better way that will tie into the existing image selector wizard (the one that lets you search the libraries)?

J

Posted by Community Admin on 08-Aug-2012 00:00

Hello Julia,

If you want to have a image selector for a content block, the the thumbnail selector blog post is still the best solution, as our image field saves the absolute path to the image, which can be a problem if you change the environment on which the project is hosted.

All the best,
Victor Velev
the Telerik team

Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items

This thread is closed