Deleting Default SF Templates

Posted by Community Admin on 03-Aug-2018 15:04

Deleting Default SF Templates

All Replies

Posted by Community Admin on 10-May-2011 00:00

Can the default created SF templates be deleted without worries?

Anyone done this. Or is it better to somehow use roles to hide them from the users?

Markus

I was wondering this also. I deleted them without any issue but is that going to come back and bite me later?

I've deleted them on two different sites now - haven't noticed any issues in doing so. Just hoping a future update to SF won't break things because they don't exist, but I doubt that.

Greg

as long as no pages in your sitemap make use of a template I'd say these can safely be deleted. They are mostly there as "starting points" for different layouts you might want to use in your design.

However if you have your own master page / template / theme you can certainly remove the built-in templates, as the only time they are used is when they are assigned to a page.

hope this was helpful!

@Kmac
I wait  2 month and have you as a g-pig, sorry

@Greg
Some guy told me never to hold in poker when simply hoping. I somehow want to take the hope out of my SF development

@SelArom
I thought the same as you. But you never know these days.

Markus

Posted by Community Admin on 11-May-2011 00:00

Hi Markus,

Thank you for contacting us.

Yes, you can delete all default templates, especially when you do not have other templates or pages associated with some of them.

Best wishes,
Antoaneta
the Telerik team

Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items

This thread is closed