4.1 upgrade contenblock issue

Posted by Community Admin on 03-Aug-2018 22:06

4.1 upgrade contenblock issue

All Replies

Posted by Community Admin on 10-May-2011 00:00

Hello,

I have a couple of problems since the 4.1 upgrade. First, I had to edit the contentblock control while I was developing the site on 4.0, for it to allow me to use javascript on the control. This is what I changed on  ContentBlockDesignerTemplate.ascx
this is what it looks like:

<%@ Control Language="C#" %>
<%@ Register Assembly="Telerik.Sitefinity" Namespace="Telerik.Sitefinity.Web.UI" TagPrefix="sf" %>
<%@ Register Assembly="Telerik.Sitefinity" Namespace="Telerik.Sitefinity.Web.UI.Fields" TagPrefix="sf" %>

<sf:ResourceLinks id="resourcesLinks" runat="server">
    <sf:ResourceFile Name="Styles/Window.css"/>
</sf:ResourceLinks>

<sf:FormManager ID="formManager" runat="server"/>
<divstyle="width: 660px; overflow: hidden;">
    <sf:HtmlField
        ID="htmlEditor"
        runat="server"
        Width="99%"
        Height="370px"
        EditorContentFilters="None"
        EditorStripFormattingOptions="MSWord,Css,Font,Span,ConvertWordLists"
        DisplayMode="Write"
        FixCursorIssue="True">
    </sf:HtmlField>
</div>
<scripttype="text/javascript">
    $("body").addClass("sfContentBlockDesigner");
</script>

When I upgraded, I get the following error when I try to edit or add a contentblock:

A required control was not found in the template for "~/Controls/ContentBlockDesignerTemplate.ascx". The control must be assignable from type "Telerik.Sitefinity.Web.UI.ControlDesign.ContentSelector" and must have ID "sharedContentSelector".

I tried some of these solutions: www.sitefinity.com/.../4-1-upgrade-issue-4-0-custom-content-designer-no-longer-works.aspx, but nothing has worked.

My second problem is simple. I have the images of the site on a folder in the root directory, which I refer to on the css file. after the upgrade the pics will not show up, although i left everything in the same directory. this is how Im calling the pictures in the css file.

background: #fff url("/Amerex/images/layout/bg-body-gradient.png") repeat-x 0 0;

thanks in advance for the help!

Posted by Community Admin on 14-May-2011 00:00

Hello John,

We introduced some changes with our 4.1 release requiring each control on the page to have unique individual ID, please take a look at this forum thread where I've provided a sample of the default template we're using for the HtmlField control which is used in the content block editor. Using that template should work with no errors and you should be able to modify it to deliver the desired functionality.
Concerning the second issue, I believe it's related again to the changes in the virtual paths in Sitefinity. We have released a KB article to inform our clients about the changes we have introduced and a recommended way of handling the naming of the Images and Videos folders. Please take a look at it and let us know if any of the problems persist after applying the mentioned fixes.

Best wishes,
Boyan Barnev
the Telerik team

Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items

This thread is closed