Url Mapping Issue

Posted by Community Admin on 03-Aug-2018 15:10

Url Mapping Issue

All Replies

Posted by Community Admin on 11-May-2011 00:00

Hey guys,

I'm attempting to use the url mapping for the pages I would have created. However it seems that I can't have a query strings in them. So i can't have e.g. "www.google.com/test.aspx. I keep getting this error  One or more of the specified additional URLs are invalid.
I'm not sure what to do simply because most, if not all of my pages that I'd like to map have id's in them. If possible can someone advise me as to how this can be rectified. Thanks guys!

Posted by Community Admin on 17-May-2011 00:00

Hello Jesster,

Are you trying to simulate redirects based on a legacy sitemap or to use the navigation control to show links to external pages?

All the best,
Pavel
the Telerik team

Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items

Posted by Community Admin on 09-Nov-2011 00:00

We are trying to simulate redirects based on a legacy site that used a page named 'redir.aspx'. I created a page in Sitefinity named redir, but I am not allowed to put the alternate URL of 'redir.aspx' in the alternate url field - tells me invalid.  How can I do this?  I don't want to have to change every page that has this link on it...

Posted by Community Admin on 10-Nov-2011 00:00

Hello Jeremy,

Pages extensions are not supported by Sitefinity 4.x. There are 2 solutions - one is to use a url rewriter like urlrewriter.net or the other is through coding. Yet the 2nd option is in development (available only in 4.3) and I'd suggest using of a url rewriting module.

Greetings,
Pavel Iliev
the Telerik team

Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items

Posted by Community Admin on 14-Nov-2011 00:00

Hi Pavel,

Back before the 4.2.1733 release you could put extension with a URL in the Additional URLs box.

I know because I have several pages set up like this already and they were redirecting fine.  Now unfortunately they are not redirecting.

So what is in the 4.3 release that you mentioned as the 2nd option?

Posted by Community Admin on 21-Nov-2011 00:00

Hello Jerome,

The way you can do is this:

App.WorkWith().Pages().LocatedIn(Fluent.Pages.PageLocation.Frontend).ForEach(p => p.Extension = ".aspx").SaveChanges();

This code will set the .aspx extension to all your pages. Please, have in mind that this is for internal use . It will be safer if you backup your database

Regards,
Pavel Iliev
the Telerik team

This thread is closed