About
Departments
-Dept 1
-Dept 2
--Dept Program 1
--Dept Program 2
--Dept Program 3
-Dept 3

On Dept 2 area I have created a page for Program 1.  Program 1 has about 20 events per year and I am using the Categories to try to filter down to only pull events with the Program 1 category.

I have added the events module to the page and I can see a list of ALL of my events.  When I go to edit the settings I am sometimes getting an empty error when the settings editor loads.  Firefox asks me if I would like to keep this page from displaying errors indefinitely and I agree. When the editor opens I get  everything except for the Taxonomies portion.  None of the categories are being displayed. 

Firebug shows that the www.mywebsite.com/Sitefinity/Services/Taxonomies/HierarchicalTaxon.svc/e5cd6d69-1543-427b-ad62-688a99f5e7d4/?hierarchyMode=true&sortExpression=Title%20ASC&filter=
is returning 405 Method Not Allowed.  I believe this is what is causing the taxonomy options not to be displaying.

Any ideas of how to fix or where to start?  I am running Sitefinity 4.1.1339.0 PU.

Anthony

Posted by Community Admin on 12-May-2011 00:00

Hello Anthony,

Can you please try viewing the template for the event item, find the declaration of the controls which should display tags and categories and see if it matches the bellow declaration:

<sitefinity:HierarchicalTaxonFieldID="HierarchicalFieldControl"runat="server"TaxonomyId="E5CD6D69-1543-427b-AD62-688A99F5E7D4"DisplayMode="Read"WebServiceUrl="~/Sitefinity/Services/Taxonomies/HierarchicalTaxon.svc"Expanded="false"

Also have you tried to reproduce the issue on the same server but using blank project? Actually can you tell me if this project has been upgraded or it has been just created?

All the best,
Victor Velev
the Telerik team
Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items

Posted by Community Admin on 12-May-2011 00:00

This project was upgraded from 4.0 to 4.1.

This actually happens on two project I have running, both were upgraded from 4.0.

I have not tried it on a blank project.  Its kinda of difficult for me to get the DB admin to set up DB's so I only do it when I absolutely have to.

Where do I go to find the template for the event item?  I have gone into Design > Widget Templates and see 3 event templates there.  The one for the full event item has the following:

<%@ Control Language="C#" %>
<%@ Register TagPrefix="telerik" Namespace="Telerik.Web.UI" Assembly="Telerik.Web.UI" %>
<%@ Register TagPrefix="sf" Namespace="Telerik.Sitefinity.Web.UI" Assembly="Telerik.Sitefinity" %>
<%@ Register TagPrefix="sf" Namespace="Telerik.Sitefinity.Web.UI.ContentUI" Assembly="Telerik.Sitefinity" %>
<%@ Register TagPrefix="sf" Namespace="Telerik.Sitefinity.Web.UI.PublicControls.BrowseAndEdit" Assembly="Telerik.Sitefinity" %>
<%@ Import Namespace="Telerik.Sitefinity" %>   

<telerik:RadListView ID="SingleItemContainer" ItemPlaceholderID="ItemContainer" AllowPaging="False" runat="server" EnableEmbeddedSkins="false" EnableEmbeddedBaseStylesheet="false">
    <LayoutTemplate>
        <div class="sfeventDetails">
            <div class="sfeventLinksWrp">
                <sf:MasterViewHyperLink class="sfeventBack" Text="<%$ Resources:EventsResources, AllEvents %>" runat="server" />
            </div>
            <asp:PlaceHolder ID="ItemContainer" runat="server" />
        </div>
    </LayoutTemplate>
    <ItemTemplate>
        <h1 class="sfeventTitle">
            <asp:Literal ID="Literal1" Text='<%# Eval("Title") %>' runat="server" />
        </h1>
        <sf:ContentBrowseAndEditToolbar ID="BrowseAndEditToolbar" runat="server" Mode="Edit,Delete,Unpublish"></sf:ContentBrowseAndEditToolbar>
        <ul class="sfeventDatesLocationContacts">
            <sf:FieldListView ID="EventDates" runat="server" WrapperTagName="li" />
            <sf:FieldListView ID="Location" runat="server"
                Text="<%$ Resources:EventsResources, Where %>" Properties="City, State, Country"
                WrapperTagName="li"
            />
            <sf:FieldListView ID="Street" runat="server"
                Text="<%$ Resources:EventsResources, Address %>" Properties="Street"
                WrapperTagName="li"
            />
            <sf:FieldListView ID="ContactName" runat="server"
                Text="<%$ Resources:EventsResources, ContactName %>" Properties="ContactName, ContactEmail"
                WrapperTagName="li"
            />
            <sf:FieldListView ID="Web" runat="server"
                Text="<%$ Resources:EventsResources, WebSite %>" Properties="ContactWeb"
                WrapperTagName="li"
            />
            <sf:FieldListView ID="Phone" runat="server"
                Text="<%$ Resources:EventsResources, ContactPhone %>" Properties="ContactPhone, ContactCell"
                WrapperTagName="li"
            />
        </ul>
        <%--<div class="sfgcAuthor">
            <asp:Literal ID="Literal2" Text="<%$ Resources:Labels, By %>" runat="server" />
            <sf:PersonProfileView runat="server" /> | <asp:Literal ID="Literal3" Text='<%# Eval("PublicationDate", "0:dd MMM, yyyy") %>' runat="server" />
        </div>--%>
        <div class="sfeventContent">
            <asp:Literal ID="Literal4" Text='<%# Eval("Content") %>' runat="server" />
        </div>
        <sf:ContentView
             id="commentsListView"
             ControlDefinitionName="EventsCommentsFrontend"
             DetailViewName="CommentsMasterView"
             ContentViewDisplayMode="Master"
             runat="server" />
        <sf:ContentView
             id="commentsDetailsView"
             ControlDefinitionName="EventsCommentsFrontend"
             DetailViewName="CommentsDetailsView"
             ContentViewDisplayMode="Detail"
             runat="server" />
    </ItemTemplate>
</telerik:RadListView>

Is this where I am supposed to look?

Anthony

Posted by Community Admin on 13-May-2011 00:00

Hello Anthony,

You can find the property in Event full template -> Categories. Please refer to the attached screenshot.

Regards,
Victor Velev
the Telerik team

Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items

Posted by Community Admin on 13-May-2011 00:00

This is what is in that area for me.  Does this need to be inserted into the full event item code i pasted below?

<sitefinity:HierarchicalTaxonField ID="HierarchicalFieldControl" runat="server" TaxonomyId="E5CD6D69-1543-427b-AD62-688A99F5E7D4" DisplayMode="Read" WebServiceUrl="~/Sitefinity/Services/Taxonomies/HierarchicalTaxon.svc" Expanded="false" TaxonomyMetafieldName="Category" ExpandText="ClickToAddCategories" BindOnServer="true" />

Posted by Community Admin on 16-May-2011 00:00

Hello Anthony,

Your configuration seems to be OK. Can you send me your project so I can have a look at it or send me user and password so I can have a look at your website configuration in depth.

Kind regards,
Victor Velev
the Telerik team

Posted by Community Admin on 16-May-2011 00:00

Taking a chance an upgrading to SP1 actually fixed the problem. 

I have noticed a layout issue in Firefox4.  There seems to be a LOT of padding around the top and bottom of my edit windows when they come up.  This was really evident when modifying the events.  A screen shot is below.

It does not do this in Internet Explorer.

Is the CSS for this (window.css maybe...) getting applied before my reset.css and messing things up?

Posted by Community Admin on 18-May-2011 00:00

Hi Anthony,

As you can see in our system requirements page Sitefinity supports Firefox 3.x not 4.x. We are planning to have full support for the latest Firefox browser after Q2 ( SF 4.2 ) is released. Our teams are constantly testing the website in order to remove such issues like this one. Still if you want to trace the error please enable Firebug and see what comes up in the net and console tabs.

Regards,
Victor Velev
the Telerik team

This thread is closed