IIS Authentication Issue

Posted by Community Admin on 03-Aug-2018 18:46

IIS Authentication Issue

All Replies

Posted by Community Admin on 11-May-2011 00:00

Hi,

I hosted a sitefinity 4.1 site on server 2003, iis6.0. The site seems work but when I tried to edit Pages in admin then its give me below error

exception message is: IIS specified authentication schemes 'IntegratedWindowsAuthentication, Anonymous', but the binding only supports specification of exactly one authentication scheme. Valid authentication schemes are Digest, Negotiate, NTLM, Basic, or Anonymous. Change the IIS settings so that only a single authentication scheme is used.

I checked both below link but did not work
http://www.sitefinity.com/devnet/forums/sitefinity-4-x/general-discussions/iis-authentication-modes.aspx
http://www.sitefinity.com/devnet/forums/sitefinity-4-x/general-discussions/4-0-installation-quirks.aspx

Please could you suggest me what settings need to be set for sitefinity 4.1 to work on server 2003 with iis6.

I am looking forward for an urgent response.

Thanks,
Tarun

Hi Tarun -

Here is a screenshot of how I have IIS6 setup - you need to make sure 'Integrated Windows Authentication' is unchecked.

Greg

Hi Greg,

I have already checked that but not working. I have checked almost all solution provided on that two links.

See attached of my iis screenshot.

Thanks,
Tarun

Whoops, sorry for missing that! The only other thing I have to do when using IIS6 is update the hosts file (C:\Windows\System32\drivers\etc\) to have something like: 127.0.0.1 sitename

Try this, save your hosts file, and retry going to pages.

Thank you Greg for replying soon!

I made below combination of changes in hosts file one viz one but did not work.

1.   127.0.0.1       icelandhotels

2.   127.0.0.1       icelandhotels.us

3.   127.0.0.1       localhost
      127.0.0.1       icelandhotels.us

I am attaching the screenshot of issue please check that.

Please help me out.

Regards,
Tarun

Hm...okay. I'm assuming you are using icelandhotels.us as your host header to match the hosts file. So, just to eliminate this, did you try restarting website and app pool to test?

The other changes / configs in IIS6 need to be:

1) Wildcard mapping in application configuration (see attached)
2) My app pool is set to use Network Service
3) I gave the NETWORK SERVICE user account modify rights to my App_Data folder (windows permissions)

Beyond this, I'm stumped!

Greg

Posted by Community Admin on 12-May-2011 00:00

Hi,

I made every changes you suggested but still getting same error on add/edit contents/pages.

Thanks,
Tarun

Posted by Community Admin on 13-May-2011 00:00

Hello Tarun,

The initial error indicates that you have two authentication types enabled, since you should disable one of them. Please check our installation guide

Best wishes,
Ivan Dimitrov
the Telerik team

Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items

Posted by Community Admin on 15-May-2011 00:00

Hi,

I have selected only checked anonymous access checkbox rest of are unchecked as I have attached a screenshot with earlier post. I rechecked everything according to your given link but still getting error.

Can I share my screen with you so you guys can take a look too there?

Thanks,
Tarun

Posted by Community Admin on 16-May-2011 00:00

Hello Tarun,

Can you replicate this issue on another machine (VM or another server)? It looks like that you have an infrastructure issue.

Best wishes,
Ivan Dimitrov
the Telerik team

Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items

This thread is closed