Support for a Forum in Sitefinity 4

Posted by Community Admin on 03-Aug-2018 19:31

Support for a Forum in Sitefinity 4

All Replies

Posted by Community Admin on 12-May-2011 00:00

Could you please clarify what this site is running on and how we can implement a forum similar to this one within Sitefinity 4.x?

We bought it after reading on this forum and seeing that it was powered by Sitefinity. 

Any feedback? 

Hey Jesse,

This site is running on Sitefinity 3.7 which unfortunately is not longer available as it had a Forums module. The new version of SF 4 was released missing many features that the 3.7 version had and Forums was one of these features. I would be prepared to wait another year for Forums to be added back into SF 4. If you search these forums you'll find a post or two where Telerik staff actually recommend a 3rd party Forum app but I can't remember which one. That's probably your best bet.

Cheers,
Phill

Posted by Community Admin on 16-May-2011 00:00

Hello Phill,

This forums is not based on Sitefinity. It is a custom implementation created by Telerik and the code is not publicly available. So, this is not the forum you see in Sitefinity 3.x.

With the current release of Sitefinity 4.0 you can use YAF inegration. We created a membership provider that allows you to share users with the yaf.

Greetings,
Ivan Dimitrov
the Telerik team

Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items

Hi Ivan,

I realize it must be a customized implementation but if you claim it's not based on Sitefinity why is this meta tag in every page?

<meta name="Generator" content="Sitefinity 3.7.2137.140:0" />

Maybe you should remove it then, to a developer (not your average person) that's a bit of false advertising, or it is indeed based on Sitefinity and you have your facts wrong somehow.

Cheers,
Phill

Gabe Sumner mentioned they had some internal testing of integrated YAF (Yet Another Forum) into Sitefinity and would post a Blog about, haven't heard anything since last month. http://www.sitefinity.com/blogs/gabesumner/posts/11-04-18/sitefinity_4_1_released_here_is_what_you_rsquo_ll_find.aspx

I heard November for a sitefinity based forum in 4.x, but you are probably right. Another year would seem on par for releases.

This thread is closed