Hiding content widgets when viewing single news items

Posted by Community Admin on 03-Aug-2018 20:20

Hiding content widgets when viewing single news items

All Replies

Posted by Community Admin on 12-May-2011 00:00

I have about 10 news list pages where the client would like a short paragraph and title at the top of the page and then the news list below. When you click on a news item it generates the single news item below paragraphs placed above the news list.

Anyone have a good suggestion on how to hide the other content widgets when viewing the single news item on a page?

I have tested using a different page to display the single news item but then the search index is picking up both pages and creating 10 single item pages that link back to the original list pages seems like a lot of work for every category of news. 

Posted by Community Admin on 18-May-2011 00:00

Hi Matt,

That's a tough one, we do not offer this functionality out of the box. But you ca easily achieve it by wrapping the content you want to display/hide inside a <div> tag and set this div's style="display:none" when the URLof the page contains a specific pattern. Please take a look at the sample master page below which has two ContetnplaceHolders one of which is wrapped in a div that I'm manipulating from the codebehind, and when I open my "testnewsitem" in details page the content placed in the first placeholder is hidden from the page.

<%@ Master Language="C#" AutoEventWireup="true" CodeBehind="Site1.master.cs" Inherits="SitefinityWebApp.App_Master.Site1" %>

<!DOCTYPE html PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD XHTML 1.0 Transitional//EN" "http://www.w3.org/TR/xhtml1/DTD/xhtml1-transitional.dtd">

<head runat="server">
    <title></title>
    <asp:ContentPlaceHolder ID="head" runat="server">
    </asp:ContentPlaceHolder>
</head>
<body>
    <form id="form1" runat="server">
    <div id="HiddenContent" runat="server"  >
        <asp:ContentPlaceHolder ID="ContentPlaceHolder1" runat="server">       
    </div>

<div>
    <asp:ContentPlaceHolder ID="ContentPlaceHolder2" runat="server">
    </div>
    </form>
</body>
</html>

using System;
using System.Collections.Generic;
using System.Linq;
using System.Web;
using System.Web.UI;
using System.Web.UI.WebControls;
using Telerik.Sitefinity.Web;
using Telerik.Sitefinity.Modules.Pages;

namespace SitefinityWebApp.App_Master
    public partial class Site1 : System.Web.UI.MasterPage

protected void Page_Load(object sender, EventArgs e)

var Url = HttpContext.Current.Request.Url;
            if (Url.ToString().Contains("testnewsitem"))

HiddenContent.Attributes.Add("style", "display:none");

I hope you find this information useful. If you have any additional questions, please let us know.

Kind regards,
Boyan Barnev
the Telerik team
Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items

Posted by Community Admin on 20-May-2011 00:00

Thanks.

This thread is closed