Sitefinity 4.1 SP1 Released!

Posted by Community Admin on 03-Aug-2018 14:09

Sitefinity 4.1 SP1 Released!

All Replies

Posted by Community Admin on 13-May-2011 00:00

Dear all,

Sitefinity 4.1 SP1 is now released. The primary goal of this service release is to address the problems you have encountered since the last release and of course a couple of improvements. The service pack also delivers the latest updates from RadControls for Ajax, Silverlight and OpenAccess ORM. Changelog:

Release Notes – 4.1 SP 1

What’s New

• Analytics: Exception logging
  • For Developers: Added ability to create a base page for public or backend pages. This can be used to inject common logic for the respective pages
  • Telerik RadControls for ASP.NET AJAX are upgraded to version 2011.1.413
  • Telerik RadControls for Silverlight are upgraded to version 2011.1.0419
  • Telerik OpenAccess ORM is upgrade to version 2011.1.510.1
  • jQuery is upgraded to version 1.5.2

What’s Fixed

Upgrade Issues

• Widgets: Some widgets show on the page frontend and not in the backend (PITS)
  • Page Templates: Editing Content block results in error
  • Browse end Edit: Option is not available for pages using a master page template (PITS)
  • Classifications: Deleting Category results in error Return code: 12031
  • Users: Attempt to create a new user results in error
  • Lists: Opening backend section Lists displays popup windows that block the loading of the page (PITS)
  • Newsletter: Clicking "Mailing Lists" results in error

Pages

• Reordering of pages is not updated in the backend and Navigation Widget (PITS)
  • Templates: Updating a template is not reflected on the page until the page is republished (PITS)
  • In option "This page redirects to another page "changes made to "Open this link in a new window" checkbox are not properly applied (PITS)
  • Changing group page to normal page causes error
  • Title & Properties: Checking "Allow multiple URLs" causes error (PITS)
  • Title & Properties: Saving changes to title and properties of a group page produces no result (PITS)
  • Title & Properties>Advanced Options: Properties under "Caching options" are shown twice (PITS)
  • Editing the properties of external page is disabled (PITS)
  • Layout Tab: Upon the creation of a custom layout control, which references script files in embedded resources, the resources are not loaded when the user initially drags and drops the control on a page/template (PITS)

Widgets

• Navigation Widget: Option to show "All pages under particular page" doesn't work
  • Navigation Widget: In option "Custom selection of pages" entering a page URL and clicking the "Add" button results in error (PITS)
  • Navigation Widget: When option “All pages under particular page” is selected but no page is specified, Argument null exception shows (PITS)
  • Content Block> Image Manager, Image Widget: The selection of an image is lost upon clicking "Insert the image" (PITS, PITS)
  • Content Block: When inserting link to images or documents that are already uploaded, inconsistent pagination is applied in the media selector (PITS)
  • User list Widget: "Users by roles..." filter is not applied
  • Profile user Widget: Editing Category custom field, added to a profile type, causes error
  • Shared Content Block: Deleting the ID property in the widget Advanced mode causes error

Content

• News: Summary longer than 255 characters is trimmed without a warning
  • Events: Subsequent edits of "Location" and "Contact information" cannot be made
  • Lists: Blank alert window is shown when the list items grid view is expanded in the backend
  • Lists: Creating list items without spaces in the first 250 characters causes the summary to throw exceptions in the backend
  • Lists: "Select all" check box for list items doesn’t not work in all browsers
  • Lists: When clicking either the "Edit Selected Template..." or "Create New Template", both "Save Changes" and "Create Template" buttons appear

Images, Videos, Documents and Files

• Bulk editing of Images titles, categories and tags doesn’t apply the changes (PITS)
  • Image Widget: Reordering of images in album is not applied in Thumbnail view (PITS)
  • When a second provider is added, uploading files causes errors
  • Author field cannot be updated in Images, Videos, and Documents

Permissions

• Pages that should not be visible for everyone are shown in navigation and result in error when users click them (PITS)
  • Permissions are not supported for custom roles (PITS)

Multilingual Support

• Pages: URL is not updated when Page Name is changed
  • Content Block: Inserting a link to documents shows option to link to the files in the default culture only
  • Setting Turkish as default language for the backend results in error

Other

• Fixed security issue in version 4.1 related to caching fault, which may cause secured information to be shown to anonymous website users /specific and rare cases/
  • User Profiles: Custom fields added to a profile type cannot be selected to be displayed/edited in the Profile widget template (PITS, PITS,PITS)
  • Login page: Title is updated to show 4.1 and not 4.0 (PITS)
  • SiteMapPath and RadSiteMap are not working in latest internal build (PITS)
  • Clicking Revision history when the page is locked by an user causes error
  • Settings>Advanced: Editor configuration is not working
  • Analytics: Multiple requests cause issues when a new dictionary is added
  • Analytics: When using the Demo account, an exception is thrown saying that the user's Google Analytics credentials are incorrect

Breaking Changes Update

• An error for duplicate control IDs appear on the frontend pages after upgrade from 4.0 and 4.0 SP1. Automatic fix is available in the following KB Article
  • Grey background is added to Sitefinity Basic theme and might show as on some elements of the page which have no background specified

As usual, Sitefinity team will appreciate any feedback you might have.

Dear Telerik Team

Thank you very much for the long awaited SP1 which hopfully fixes a lot of problems.

I could not help to attach these images. It's not ment in any bad way. And I am 100% behind Telerik. But if I would not take some stuff with humor I sometimes would end up crying.

So once again thanks for the work. Going to update very very soon and fast.

Markus

@Telerik Team,

Thanks for the hard work on this update! I have too much invested in SF to give up so this big list of bug fixes is greatly appreciated. Let's just hope that unlike 4.1 there aren't a slew of new bugs introduced with this update, let's just pretend 4.1 never happened ;).

Also, I think it would be prudent in your list below to let everyone know of the "security issue" that you emailed me about. I think people should know that SP1 isn't just available but a highly recommended update due to security issue introduced in 4.1.

Again, thanks for the update and will let you know how update goes.

Cheers,
Phill

Hi,

Did anybody else have problems installing this ?

I got an error saying a newer version of Sitefinity was installed and had to uninstall 4.1 before I could install 4.1 SP1

Euan

I'm trying to upgrade from 4.1.1339 and receive an error immediately after opening the EXE that prevents me from installing.

"A newer version of Sitefinity is already installed."

Hi Mark,

Please download the Project Manager, and run it from there. The Project Manager will be visible in a couple of minutes. 

Kind regards,
Georgi
the Telerik team
Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items

Same error for me as well.

Same here

Hi guys, 

For those of you who had already installed the previous version, the solution is simple - just download the Project Manager and create/upgrade your projects from there. 

@Phil,
We are going to add the thing about the security in the notes. Thanks for the reminder!

Kind regards,
Georgi

@Georgi, you may also want to update the post with some basic instructions. i.e. If you've previously installed 4.1 the 4.1 SP1 installer will fail and you must download the Project Manager zip file instead. It would be nice to know this info before downloading the msi for no reason. 

Cheers,
Phill

Hello,

We are now locking the thread. Since the error message is repeated and solution is provided, we are really bloating the discussion and this doesn't lead to anything productive or valuable for anybody.

Phill, I'll add this as well. Thanks a lot!

Best wishes,
Georgi
the Telerik team
Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items

This thread is closed