4.1 to 4.1 SP1 Upgrade Questions

Posted by Community Admin on 03-Aug-2018 15:08

4.1 to 4.1 SP1 Upgrade Questions

All Replies

Posted by Community Admin on 13-May-2011 00:00

I have a few questions that could not be answered before the 4.1 SP1 thread was locked.

None of my sites are associated with the Project Manager right now. How do I find the project ID for each site so that I can add them to the Projects.xml file?

Will the installation file be fixed to upgrade from 4.1?

Hello Mark,

You can assign a random ID to the projects you are adding in the projects.xml file. 
The installer is supposed to replace the Project manager only and not to upgrade the projects you have. We will most probably provide new installer early next week.

Best wishes,
Georgi
the Telerik team
Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items

Hi,

Just a quick note, we will provide "Browse for project(s)" button in the project manager in the next Service pack. 

Best wishes,
Georgi
the Telerik team

Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items

That would be very helpful. Thanks for the help.

Hi Georgi,

What "installer" are you referring to? Unlike the Sitefinity 4.1 download, which included "Sitefinity_4.1.1339.0.msi" installer file, the Sitefinity 4.1 SP1 download includes only a "Sitefinity.exe" file with no installer. I assumed this was the Sitefinity Project Manager executable and manually replaced my installed 4.1 version of the file, which seemed to work. Is that the correct installation procedure, given that no procedure or installer was provided?

Thanks,
Mike

Posted by Community Admin on 16-May-2011 00:00

Hello Mike,

We have removed the msi, and left the .exe only, because it confused too many people. We will upload a new installer today that takes care of the versions of all products - Sitefinity, RadControls for Ajax and Silverlight, ORM.

Other than that, yes, you have followed the correct procedure. 

Regards,
Georgi
the Telerik team

This thread is closed