Navigation Widget - Child pages under current page?

Posted by Community Admin on 03-Aug-2018 16:54

Navigation Widget - Child pages under current page?

All Replies

Posted by Community Admin on 13-May-2011 00:00

I see that using the vertical navigation view there is an option for "All sibling pages of currently opened page" is there a way to display "All child pages of currently opened page"?

I am moving the client's site into compliance testing on monday and this is one of the final issues. 

I have the following page structure..

Who we are (Group Page)
--> About Us  (content page) displays when group page is selected.
--> Our Management Principals  (content page)
--> Our Member Organizations  (content page)-->

Our Business Model (Group Page)

--> Core Competencies (content page)
--> Our Markets (content page)
--> Our Carrier Relationships (content page)
Our Locations (content page)

When you click on Who we are it is displaying in the navigation links: Home, Who we are, Our Business Model and Our Locations
We want About us, Our management principals, Our Member Organizations. 

I know we could use selected pages, but we are do this in a page template not on the page itself.

Posted by Community Admin on 16-May-2011 00:00

Hello John,

So when you click your "Who we are" page you get a result of only top level pages. Making your page structure I achieved the menu to display the pages you describe you want to display. However please provide information on how you want to display them.  When adding only the option in the vertical menu "All sibling pages of currently opened page" the Top level pages will not be show in the menu which I think will not suit you well. When adding a second navigation control which contains only top level pages I receive the result as shown in the screenshot (menu.png).
Please inform me about how you want the whole menu to be displayed.

Best wishes,
Stanislav Velikov
the Telerik team

Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items

Posted by Community Admin on 18-May-2011 00:00

Here is the screen captures of Page structure and and results.

from the home page clicking on who we are returns the sibling pages of the group page not the sibling of the page it actually displays content.

if I go to the about-us page it shows the correct siblings.

This is Q1 without SP1 (the sp1 broke the site).

Posted by Community Admin on 23-May-2011 00:00

Hello John,

Thank you for the provided information. Please take a look at this documentation explaining how group pages work and that the first child page is displayed after you click a group page. When recrating the menu you described I used horizontal navigation as I saw in your screenshots and "all pages under particular page" option selected and the particular page is the group page of those pages I want to display. Note the difference about child pages and sibling pages. Siblings are the pages that are placed at the same level like your Home, Who we are, our business model. And that is the case when you click the about us page it shows all pages on that level ( they are siblings).

Hope this helps and if you need further assistance please write back.

All the best,
Stanislav Velikov
the Telerik team

Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items

This thread is closed