Sitefinity 4.0 SP1 Error

Posted by Community Admin on 03-Aug-2018 06:53

Sitefinity 4.0 SP1 Error

All Replies

Posted by Community Admin on 14-May-2011 00:00

Hi,

I downloaded the project manager and created a new project... I works great for the most part...

But when I rebuild the project, I still get the error... Can anyone tell me if they are experiencing similar issues?

I am attaching the screenshot...

Team Telerik, Can you get back to me asap with a solution?

Posted by Community Admin on 16-May-2011 00:00

Hi Preetham,

Please check whether the project has all dlls in the bin folder and reference to them. This error might occur if you have rebuild the project which removes the dlls from the bin folder.

Greetings,
Victor Velev
the Telerik team

Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items

Posted by Community Admin on 17-May-2011 00:00

Victor,

My question is, Why are DLL's disappearing if I rebuild my project?

Do you mean to say that I don't re-build my project?

There shouldn't be a problem rebuilding the project.  The only time I've had trouble with rebuilding is when the assembly references reference an assembly outside the Sitefinity project (i.e. an old version of OpenAccess or RadControls).  During the re-build those old files are imported into the project and cause issues.  However, this doesn't sound like the error you're getting to me.

Let me see if I understand what you're doing:

1.  Create a brand new project using Sitefinity 4.1 SP1.
2.  Setup the project (go through the web-based setup wizard)
3.  Everything works great.
4.  Load the project in Visual Studio
5.  Re-build the project. (no changes)
6.  Now there is an error.

Does this describe how to reproduce this?

Gabe Sumner
Telerik | Sitefinity CMS

Just reporting back...

I followed the steps I described below and did not receive any errors.  The assembly references, for a newly created SP1 project, look to be set correctly.

Gabe Sumner
Telerik | Sitefinity CMS

This thread is closed