4.1 SP1 Upgrade Question

Posted by Community Admin on 03-Aug-2018 19:12

4.1 SP1 Upgrade Question

All Replies

Posted by Community Admin on 14-May-2011 00:00

Hello,

After using the project manager to upgrade my 4.1 site to 4.1 SP1, I noticed that the only files affected were in the /bin folder. Then, once I launched the admin portion of the site, it appears that some of the configurations files under App_Data were changed as well.

Then, I did a full project text search for the older 4.1 version number (4.1.1339.0) and am finding that several of my configuration files still reference this version. Should I be concerned? Will these files only get "upgraded" when we access code that relies on them?

Thanks for any insight!

Regards,
John

Posted by Community Admin on 16-May-2011 00:00

Hello John,

The upgrade scripts change all the files that need to be changed in order for the new version to work flawlessly and also your database is upgraded through those upgrade scripts. If your website functions properly and you do not experience any issues when building, browsing, editing etc. means that your project has been successfully upgraded and you do not need to worry about it :)

Regards,
Victor Velev
the Telerik team

Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items

This thread is closed