Caching explained - please

Posted by Community Admin on 03-Aug-2018 09:56

Caching explained - please

All Replies

Posted by Community Admin on 16-May-2011 00:00

Unless this is another bug, I need some dont laugh explaination.

Under titel & permissions I can set caching options

None
Standard
Long

I added under Administration - Setting - Advanced - Pages - Cache a new caching

1) I would have expected this new one to show up under title & permissions

If I am on the wrong track can someone point me where I have to add a new one

2) I check the standard chaching and it did not have the checkbox enabled for caching. Hoever if this is where the title & permission takes the information from it would show it was enabled.

3) Still under the impression that Administration - Settings - Advanced - Pages - Cache is the right place, where does title & permissoins get the name of the drop down elements from?

I just saw that there are cache settings under Admin - Settings - Advanced - System.

It seems the Caching under System is used for caching. Can someone explain when and/or were the setting under page is used?

Markus

Posted by Community Admin on 16-May-2011 00:00

@Telerik

Anyone?

Markus

Posted by Community Admin on 17-May-2011 00:00

Hi Markus Berchtold,

The output cache options under "Pages" node are obsolete. You should use the ones in System -> Output Cache Settings -> Output Cache Profiles.

Regards,
Ivan Pelovski
the Telerik team

Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items

Posted by Community Admin on 17-May-2011 00:00

Dear Ivan

Since they are obsolete - how about removing them to not further confuse someone who spends a lot of time figuering out SF 4.1 just to find out time after time that the time is not well spent because some suff simply does not work how it is supposed to!

I tell you at the moment on every corner I touch SF I run into problems and thats really frustrating.

Markus

Posted by Community Admin on 25-May-2011 00:00

Hi Markus,

The obsolete settings under Pages will be removed in the next Internal Build.
Thanks for taking the time to report this omission! Your Telerik points were updated.

Greetings,
Kalina
the Telerik team
Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items

Posted by Community Admin on 25-May-2011 00:00

Dear Kalina

Thanks for the feedback. Looking forward to the next official release we can use.

Markus

This thread is closed