User stays logged in. Can't force logout.

Posted by Community Admin on 03-Aug-2018 14:46

User stays logged in. Can't force logout.

All Replies

Posted by Community Admin on 17-May-2011 00:00

I am trying to programmatically login the user.  I am using Telerik.Sitefinity.Security.SecurityManager.AuthenticateUser to login.  However, when I use it, the user stays logged in, and it won't allow me to force a logout.  Here is my code.

01.protected void Login1_Authenticate(object sender, AuthenticateEventArgs e)
03.        UserManager usrMngr = UserManager.GetManager();
04.        RoleManager roleMngr = RoleManager.GetManager("Default");
06.        usrMngr.Provider.SuppressSecurityChecks = true;
07.        roleMngr.Provider.SuppressSecurityChecks = true;
09.        DateTime now = DateTime.UtcNow;
10.        string ip = System.Web.HttpContext.Current.Request.UserHostAddress;
12.        User user;
13.        user = usrMngr.GetUser(Login1.UserName);
14.        if (user != null)
16.            user.IsLoggedIn = false;
17.            usrMngr.SaveChanges();
20.        Credentials credentials = new Credentials();
21.        credentials.UserName = Login1.UserName;
22.        credentials.Password = Login1.Password;
23.        credentials.Persistent = Login1.RememberMeSet;
24.        credentials.MembershipProvider = "Default";
25.        UserLoggingReason reason = SecurityManager.AuthenticateUser(credentials);
26.        if (reason.ToString() == "UserAlreadyLoggedIn")
28.            SecurityManager.Logout("Default", Login1.UserName, credentials);
29.            reason = SecurityManager.AuthenticateUser(credentials);
32.        if (reason.ToString() == "Success")
34.            e.Authenticated = true;
36.        else

Posted by Community Admin on 18-May-2011 00:00

Hi Ryan,

Have you logged in the user from the browser by typing the name and password inside LoginForm before you execute the code? We found an issue in this scenario and we are trying to come up with a solution. We were able to replicate this issue only when you use the browser to authenticate a user. Also, from where you are executing this code - the same application (user/custom control) or you make request from another application?

All the best,
Ivan Dimitrov
the Telerik team

Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items

Posted by Community Admin on 19-May-2011 00:00

Like I said, it works the first time.  But when you close the browser and come back, it tells me that the user is already logged in.

I'm guessing you are asking me if the LoginForm logged in the user before executing the code.  From what I can tell, it did not.  I am actually using the System.Web.UI.WebControls.Login control.  This code is inside the same application.

Posted by Community Admin on 24-May-2011 00:00

Hello Ryan,

The issue has been logged and assigned to one of our dev scrums for fixing this week. I will update you if we manage to sort it out.

Kind regards,
Ivan Dimitrov
the Telerik team

Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items

Posted by Community Admin on 31-Oct-2011 00:00

Ivan,

Was this resolved? If so how do we force logout?

Posted by Community Admin on 03-Nov-2011 00:00

Hi Kalisha,

The issue with loging user out is resolved. To logout a user programatically delete the cookie which keeps its login information.

SecurityManager.Logout();
             SecurityManager.DeleteAuthCookies();
Calling this on a button click or with other logic applied logs out the current user.

Kind regards,
Stanislav Velikov
the Telerik team

Posted by Community Admin on 08-Aug-2012 00:00

I am experiencing this same issue. Is there a way to call Security.DeleteAuthCookies() for another user? I am trying to allow admins to programmatically logout other users using SecurityManager.Logout(user.ProviderName, userId);

Posted by Community Admin on 08-Aug-2012 00:00

double posted

Posted by Community Admin on 26-Mar-2013 00:00

I'm browsing for something else, and in case anyone finds this useful, I've had success only by using:

Credentials credential = new Credentials()
    MembershipProvider = "Default",
    UserName = "myUser",
    Password = "myPass",
    Persistent = false
;

SecurityManager.Logout(credential);

This thread is closed