How to work on custom module with my created tables

Posted by Community Admin on 03-Aug-2018 17:15

How to work on custom module with my created tables

All Replies

Posted by Community Admin on 17-May-2011 00:00

Hi,

I am using sitefinity 4.1 in my project and there is a requirement to create a custom module with my own created tables. I have to create module for backend users /pages. Have tried job application posted in your documentation, but no luck. There are no such implementation available to work on user defined tables for backend pages so that I could take help for my project.
Please provide definite solution on this so that I could proceed in my project. It will be really helpful for me.
Thanks
Fareed

Posted by Community Admin on 18-May-2011 00:00

Hi Fareed,

You need to create a data layer that will be bridge between Sitefinity and the custom tables you have already created. In Sitefinity 4 we use Open Access as  a datalayer for our modules and each module has data persistent class.

All the best,
Ivan Dimitrov
the Telerik team

Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items

Posted by Community Admin on 18-May-2011 00:00

Thanks for the reply. Could you please provide me the sample code to make data layer for custom tables. It will be very helpful for me.

Posted by Community Admin on 19-May-2011 00:00

Hello Fareed,

You could check the Open Access ORM help.

All the best,
Ivan Dimitrov
the Telerik team

Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items

Posted by Community Admin on 26-May-2011 00:00

If you're not using the Content model at all, but instead developed your own backend with asp.net user controls, you might want to look at my recent video / blog post on Intra-Site modules in Siteifnity 4: http://bit.ly/lHcOX7

This shows you how to create a simple installer that registers your custom controls as a module, without needing to hook into any Sitefinity definitions.

I hope this is helpful!

This thread is closed