Issue with sitefinity 3.7 Breadcrumb

Posted by Community Admin on 03-Aug-2018 05:39

Issue with sitefinity 3.7 Breadcrumb

All Replies

Posted by Community Admin on 18-May-2011 00:00

Hello Admin,

While working on breadcrumb I found that it renders some blanck <span> tags because of which i am not able to put my custom css on the default control, so can u tell me how to remove those extra annoying SPANs from the hierarchy ? or could u tell me how do we make Breadcrumb control to render ul-->li hierarchy which will be best suited for me.

Or is there any other way to customize this control. Please be specific to answer with sample code as i m newly introduced to sitefinity.

Regards,
Jigar

Posted by Community Admin on 18-May-2011 00:00

Hello Jigar,

Sitefinity's Bradcrumb is embedded control ( Telerik.Cms.Web.UI.Breadcrumb). The span tags are added from the base class SiteMapPath which is ASP.NET control from where we inherit. You can remove the span tags by overriding RenderContents method of the base. You can use adapter. More information at

Our control does not change the render method of ASP.NET SiteMapPath control.

All the best,
Ivan Dimitrov
the Telerik team
Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items

This thread is closed