"HTML Included in the <head> tag" not workin

Posted by Community Admin on 03-Aug-2018 14:43

"HTML Included in the <head> tag" not working

All Replies

Posted by Community Admin on 18-May-2011 00:00

Hi,

I installed a fresh website using Sitefinity Q1SP1.

I created a few pages, added two <meta> tag using the interface "HTML Included in the <head> tag".

I saved the page.

The added "<meta>" aren't displayed in the final page's code.

Is it a known bug, or am I doing something wrong?

Thank you,

F

Posted by Community Admin on 19-May-2011 00:00

Hi F,

We apologize for the inconvenience caused. This is a bug we will be working to fix for future releases.Currently you can add keywords, description in meta tags. You can add additioal meta tags if you are using template based on a master page or if you want to add them to specific modules refer to this forum.

Best wishes,
Stanislav Velikov
the Telerik team

Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items

Posted by Community Admin on 09-Jun-2011 00:00

Hi,

I am also agree with this "HTML Included in the <head> tag" is not working. This is a bug in sitefinity 4.1 version.

Regards,
Sandeep Gupta
IDS Logic

Posted by Community Admin on 14-Jun-2011 00:00

This bug is not only in Sitefinity 4.1 but in 4.0 too.

Regards,
Newton

Posted by Community Admin on 14-Jun-2011 00:00

Hello Newton,

The bug is resolved and it will be included in the upcoming SP2 that should be available next week. For details please take a look at  PITS.
We apologize for the inconvenience.

Best wishes,
Stanislav Velikov
the Telerik team

Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items

Posted by Community Admin on 20-Sep-2011 00:00

Telerik Support,

This is still not working as of version 4.2.1650.0, which I believe is the latest publicly available code.  I am trying to add some conditional css for IE7 and it's not displaying. Nothing I add shows up, so I know this isn't a bug in my script.  When will the fix for this issue make it to the public release?

Mark

Posted by Community Admin on 22-Sep-2011 00:00

Hi Mark,

I have added

<script type="text/javascript" src="http://localhost/build1339_41/New.js"></script>

<style>
body
</style>
and these were properly rendered. I have tested with Sitefinity 4.2.1650.

Regards,
Stanislav Velikov
the Telerik team

Posted by Community Admin on 22-Sep-2011 00:00

Stanislav,

This code snippet does not work

<!--[if IE 7]>
        <link rel="stylesheet" href="/Sitefinity/WebsiteTemplates/TemplateName/Name/App_Themes/Default/Global/css/myCSS_IE7.css" type="text/css" />
    <![endif]-->

I've also tried 

<!--[if IE 7]>
        <link rel="stylesheet" href="~App_Data/Sitefinity/WebsiteTemplates/TemplateName/App_Themes/Default/Global/css/myCSS_IE7.css" type="text/css" />
    <![endif]-->

Also, I noticed in your example paths, you use the absolute path to the file.  I am trying to use the root relative path to avoid having to change my page once we roll from staging to production.  This alternate css file is never loaded.  What path will work?

Thanks.

Mark

Posted by Community Admin on 27-Sep-2011 00:00

Hi Mark,

The conditional statements for IE 7 work at my end. For the path to the css file you can certainly use relative paths just avoid starting them with "/" a sample path is href=" Folder/My.css".

Regards,
Stanislav Velikov
the Telerik team

This thread is closed