Creating separators in RadTabStrip

Posted by Community Admin on 03-Aug-2018 16:07

Creating separators in RadTabStrip

All Replies

Posted by Community Admin on 18-May-2011 00:00

Hi Guys,

I'm trying to add separators in my top level navigation but I can't find the code to edit.

In v3.7 you could open the SiteTabStip.ascx from within Sitefinity/Navigation35 and add the following

SiteMapNode rootNode = SiteMap.RootNode;
foreach (SiteMapNode node1 in rootNode.ChildNodes)
    RadTab tab = new RadTab();
    tab.Text = node1.Title;
    tab.NavigateUrl = node1.Url;
    this.RadTabstrip1.Tabs.Add(tab);
    AddSeparator(tab, this.RadTabstrip1.Tabs);

and then add the appropriate CSS. I cant seem to find where to edit the RadTabStrip in v4.1?

Has anyone done this yet and if so if you can let me know what you did that would be great.
thanks
Richard

Posted by Community Admin on 19-May-2011 00:00

Hello Richard ,

Create a custom template - ascx file where you declare RadTabStrip and add your logic there. Then map the template to the NavigationControl.

All the best,
Ivan Dimitrov
the Telerik team

Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items

Posted by Community Admin on 19-May-2011 00:00

Thanks Ivan, am I correct in thinking I can use the original code from the SiteTabStip.ascx file from v3.7?

Posted by Community Admin on 24-May-2011 00:00

Hi Richard Turner,

Most of the code can be used, except for the ICacheableObject interface and its implementation. You also have to substitute the check in the Render method override with the one from this forum thread.

Best wishes,
Radoslav Georgiev
the Telerik team

Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items

This thread is closed