Blog Archives and Categories List

Posted by Community Admin on 03-Aug-2018 22:37

Blog Archives and Categories List

All Replies

Posted by Community Admin on 19-May-2011 00:00

I've setup and test blog and using the blog widget created a page for said blog.  Withing the blog widget I've created a custom template, but need to add and archive list and a categories list.  I've found there are widgets for each, but cannot find how to implement those onto the blog widget itself so I can integrate them with my layout.  How can an archive list and categories list be added to the blog layout itself?

Posted by Community Admin on 20-May-2011 00:00

Hello Brett,

What do you mean by "integrate them with my layout" - you want to style the controls or position them on a specific place of the page? You can use css for the first case and layout controls for the second one.

Greetings,
Ivan Dimitrov
the Telerik team

Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items

Posted by Community Admin on 20-May-2011 00:00

Ivan,
  To be more specific about what I am trying to accomplish:
I have the blog widget on a custom template.  I want to position the archives and categories list in specific locations on that blog widget.  Currently, by adding the widgets for those list I'm only able to add them above or below the blog widget and I need them positioned on the blog widget itself.

I'm having one other issue with my custom blog widget template.  I have been able to generate the list of category tags a particular blog post has, but I want to make them links to those category pages.  Based on my current code below, how can that be accomplished?

<div id="trunk" class="pg_blog">
    <div class="wrap">
        <div id="content">
            <div class="mod_header">
                <h1>The Blog</h1>
                <ul class="mod_search">
                    <li class="item_rss"><a href="#">RSS</a></li>
                    <li>
                        <input type="text" name="txt_blog-search" id="txt_blog-search" value="Search the Blog" class="replace" />
                        <input type="submit" name="txt_blog-submit" id="txt_blog-submit" value="»" />
                    </li>
                </ul>
            </div><!-- mod_header -->
            <div class="clear"></div>
            <div class="mod_copy section">
                <telerik:RadListView ID="Repeater" ItemPlaceholderID="ItemsContainer" runat="server" EnableEmbeddedSkins="false"
                 EnableEmbeddedBaseStylesheet="false">
                    <LayoutTemplate>
                            <asp:PlaceHolder ID="ItemsContainer" runat="server" />
                    </LayoutTemplate>
                    <ItemTemplate>
                        <div class="article">
                            <div class="date">
                                <sf:FieldListView ID="PostDate" runat="server" Format=" PublicationDate.ToLocal():MMM dd, yyyy" />
                            </div>
                            <div class="share"><span  class='st_sharethis' displayText='ShareThis'></span></div>
                            <h2><sf:DetailsViewHyperLink ID="DetailsViewHyperLink1" TextDataField="Title" ToolTipDataField="Description" runat="server" /></h2>
                            <sf:FieldListView ID="PostContent" runat="server" Text="0" Properties="Summary" WrapperTagName="div"
                                WrapperTagCssClass="sfpostSummary" />
                            <br />
                            <sf:DetailsViewHyperLink ID="FullStory" Text="Keep Reading" runat="server" CssClass="button" />
                            <br />
                            <br />
                            <sf:ContentBrowseAndEditToolbar ID="BrowseAndEditToolbar" runat="server" Mode="Edit,Delete,Unpublish"></sf:ContentBrowseAndEditToolbar>

<div class="mod_info">Posted in
                                <sitefinity:FlatTaxonField ID="FlatFieldControl" DisplayMode="Read"
                                        runat="server" WebServiceUrl="~/Sitefinity/Services/Taxonomies/FlatTaxon.svc" AllowMultipleSelection="true"
                                        TaxonomyId="CB0F3A19-A211-48a7-88EC-77495C0F5374" TaxonomyMetafieldName="Tags" Expanded="false"
                                        ExpandText="ClickToAddTags" BindOnServer="true" HideWhenNoTaxaFound="true" CssClass="tagsDiv" >
                                </sitefinity:FlatTaxonField>
                                  |  <a href="#">2 Comments</a>
                            </div>
                            <sitefinity:TextField ID="TextField1" runat="server" DisplayMode="Read" Value='<%# Eval("Comments")%>' />
                        </div>
                    </ItemTemplate>
                </telerik:RadListView>

<sf:Pager id="pager" runat="server" NumericFormat="Newer Posts"></sf:Pager>
            </div><!-- mod_copy -->
            <div class="mod_sidebar aside">
                <div class="section">
                    <div class="mod_header">
                        <h2>Categories</h2>
                    <ul class="nav">
                        <li><a href="#">categories</a></li>
                    </ul>
                </div><!-- section -->
                <div class="section">
                    <div class="mod_header">
                        <h2>Twitter & Facebook</h2>

<div class="mod_article">
                        <p>Body Copy Lucida Grande Regular 13 pt Color 453216 <a href="#">Link Color CF951C</a>.</p>
                    </div>
                </div><!-- section -->
                <div class="section">
                    <div class="mod_header">
                        <h2>Archives</h2>
                    <ul class="nav">
                        <li><a href="#">Archives</a></li>
                </div><!-- section -->

<div class="section">
                    <div class="mod_header">
                        <h2>Pages</h2>
                    <ul class="nav">
                    </ul>
                </div><!-- section -->

<div class="section">
                    <div class="mod_header">
                        <h2>Events</h2>
                    <ul class="nav">
                    </ul>
                </div><!-- section -->
            </div><!-- mod_sidebar -->
        </div><!-- content -->
    </div><!-- wrap -->
</div><!-- trunk -->

Posted by Community Admin on 26-May-2011 00:00

Hello Brett,

I have been able to generate the list of category tags a particular blog post has, but I want to make them links to those category pages

The categories and tags are classifications used to filter the databasource of a control. If you want to redirect to another page you need a control where you set destination page url and on this page you should have a content view based control that shows a list of filtered source. You need to customize FlatTaxonField or create  custom control that is bound to datasource of content item where you can call GetValue of the content object and return a list of all classifications by passing the correct type GetValue<T>("");
Then you can format the url depending on your needs using a public property of the control.

Regards,
Ivan Dimitrov
the Telerik team

Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items

This thread is closed