404 in IIS 7.5 Requesting custom URL parts

Posted by Community Admin on 03-Aug-2018 01:28

404 in IIS 7.5 Requesting custom URL parts

All Replies

Posted by Community Admin on 20-May-2011 00:00

I have a custom module which looks at the url parts to determine what content to display.

e.g domain.com/.../Item

The reason i developed it this way rather than use querystring params was to make it work the same way everything else does in sitefinity. I have a news control on the exact same page at it works fine clicking an item and prepending the news url parts for the selected item to the url.

My RSS module also works fine when developing under casinni, however my IIS 7.5 instance gets a 404 when trying to resolve an RSS item. News items work fine in IIS.

I've tried registering a route */RSS/* but I don't think this will work, (not sure if you can have multiple wildcards in a route) also if i do register a route, what should the resource location be? It seems it should just resolve to a standard sitefinity page.

Have also checked that the wildcard mapping is in IIS.

Any suggestions appreciated
cheers

Posted by Community Admin on 25-May-2011 00:00

Hi Kyle,

Can you please show us how you have registered your RSS module in your web.config file?

Regards,
Radoslav Georgiev
the Telerik team

Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items

Posted by Community Admin on 26-May-2011 00:00

Hi Radoslav,

I never registered this module in the web.conf. I added it through the UX by going to advanced settings, system, application modules and adding it that way.
I have multiple custom modules that i have developed, they are all working fine apart from this issue in IIS yet none of them have any reference in the web.conf.
The dll's are contained in the bin folder, all the resources in them are embedded.

cheers

Posted by Community Admin on 30-May-2011 00:00

Hello Kyle,

Cassini works like IIS5/6, which is quite different from IIS7.x. Please check again if the module is in system.webServer, rather than in system.web, in the web.config file.

Best wishes,
Georgi
the Telerik team
Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items

This thread is closed