Search not working v4.1

Posted by Community Admin on 03-Aug-2018 12:12

Search not working v4.1

All Replies

Posted by Community Admin on 20-May-2011 00:00

Hi guys,

I am having trouble getting the search engine to work in the latest version of Sitefinity. I have followed the instruction here www.sitefinity.com/.../defining-search-indexes.aspx

The scope is set to content items with the default page for that set to the homepage and also included Static HTML in pages. I have configured my search boxes to use the correct index and pointed it at the search results page where I have added the search results widget.

For some reason the search is always returning 0 results. I have reindexed the site but still the search isn't working.

Any ideas?

thanks
Richard

Posted by Community Admin on 20-May-2011 00:00

Scrap that, it's started working now. I'm assuming it takes a while for it to fully index?

Posted by Community Admin on 23-May-2011 00:00

Hi Richard,

I've just checked the index with the latest build and there are no issues related to the indexing. The index should be updated when you create/edit or delete a content item.

Greetings,
Ivan Dimitrov
the Telerik team

Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items

This thread is closed