Migration 3.7 to 4.1.13.. Problem

Posted by Community Admin on 03-Aug-2018 23:18

Migration 3.7 to 4.1.13.. Problem

All Replies

Posted by Community Admin on 20-May-2011 00:00

Hi,
I am following the video instruction from this site  http://tv.telerik.com/watch/sitefinity/migration-tool-for-sitefinity-40-rc and at the end I could not see the Migration Module after creating a new Migration module in Administration->Settings then click System->Application Modules.

Please help!!!

Thanks.

Posted by Community Admin on 23-May-2011 00:00

Hi NK,

1. Please check whether you followed the exact instructions from codeplex documentation
2. Check whether the module has been registered in the configurations
~/App_Data/Sitefinity/Configuration/SystemConfig.config - <applicationModules> section . There must be a property with the module version.

You can try removing the module version and restart the application - this should reinitialize the module again.

Regards,
Ivan Dimitrov
the Telerik team

Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items

Posted by Community Admin on 20-Jun-2011 00:00

Hi Ivan,
I checked the ~/App_Data/Sitefinity/Configuration/SystemConfig.config and I saw the Migration.MigrationModule at last line in <applicationModules>.

I tried to remove the module version. Then I saved and rerun the application. But I still can not see the Migration module.

Is there another place should I check them out?

Thanks,

Posted by Community Admin on 22-Jun-2011 00:00

Hi NK,

You must not remove the module version - in fact if there were such attribute there this means the module was installed correctly. Did you restart the web application properly - e.g. touching the web.config file and loading the backend again?

Greetings,
Lubomir Velkov
the Telerik team
Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items

Posted by Community Admin on 20-Jul-2011 00:00

Lubomir,
Finally, I got that. I went to top menu bar Content then I saw Migration Module. But, when I clicked on Migration Module I got this error: 

WebPage Error
            Line: 52
            Error: 'Sys' is Undefined

Please help!

Posted by Community Admin on 26-Jul-2011 00:00

Hi Nk,

I'd suggest to try with the latest weekly build. The migration tool is already a part of it, and there are various fixes.

Kind regards,
Pavel
the Telerik team

This thread is closed