4.1 SP1 and simple module installation

Posted by Community Admin on 03-Aug-2018 12:58

4.1 SP1 and simple module installation

All Replies

Posted by Community Admin on 23-May-2011 00:00

Hello,

some months ago, I created a module based on the simple jobs module and successfully installed it on a 4.0 website.

I'm trying the same procedure with a 4.1 SP1 and encounter the following problem :

- The module is correctly registered (appears both on the application modules section, and in the systemconfig file)
- The backend page, supposed to be under the "Content" section was not created.

Is there any change I should do to properly register the module so that it creates a backend page in the "Content" section?

Thank you,
F!

EDIT : the source of the problem seems to be a timeout in this line :

sf.DocumentLibraries().Where(l => l.Title == "JobApplications").Count(out result);

I don't have any performance issue with other database access, so, i don't know where the timeout comes from.
So, I commented this line (and the document library creation) and created the document library myself, and re-installed the module, which, this time worked.

Only problem is, the backend grid has no row to display, even though 3 documents have been uploaded already.

Any idea?

Posted by Community Admin on 26-May-2011 00:00

Hello F,

There are many changes since Sitefinity 4.0 and the jobs module is no exception. There has been some changes in virtual paths please refer to KB. You can refer to the newes version of the jobs module in the latest SDK.

All the best,
Stanislav Velikov
the Telerik team

Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items

This thread is closed