.skin File in custom theme

Posted by Community Admin on 03-Aug-2018 09:38

.skin File in custom theme

All Replies

Posted by Community Admin on 24-May-2011 00:00

Hi all,

I would like to use a .skin file in my sitefinity theme but it doesnt appear to be working, my file structure is

App_Data/Sitefinity/WebsiteTemplates/CustomTemplate/App_Themes/CustomTheme/Theme.skin

My css files are loading correctly so the theme is registered but any info in the .skin file isnt being picked up?

Cheers
Anthony

Hi Anthony,

There is a bug related to the .skin files. Try adding the css in your theme or us Css Widget to load the css on your template.

Greetings,
Ivan Dimitrov
the Telerik team

Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items

Hi Ivan,

but what if i want to do more complex operations than just change the css, like dynamically change the Skin property of a tabstrip as below per theme

<telerik:RadTabStrip ID="tabCategory" runat="server" Skin="Vista"></telerik:RadTabStrip>

When is this issue likely to be resolved?

If i use the standard asp.net App_Themes folder does the skin file load?

Cheers
Anthony

Hello Anthony,

There shouldn't be an issue if you use embedded skins. If the custom css is loaded on a page and you set the skin property of the control, it should be styled properly.

Regards,
Ivan Dimitrov
the Telerik team

Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items

Hi Ivan,

Thanks for the reply, i think we misunderstood each other at the beginning, it appears that my .skin file isnt loading at all, nothing to do with the css just the .skin,

For example if i have on my page

<asp:Label runat="server" ID="lblTitle" Text="Hello World" SkinID="Hello"/>

Then in my .skin file below (located in my theme folder) i have

<asp:Label runat="server" Text="Hello Skin" SkinID="Hello" />

The above is not fired even when the theme is activated indicating to me that the .skin file isnt doing anything

This thread is closed