Configuration replication

Posted by Community Admin on 03-Aug-2018 11:58

Configuration replication

All Replies

Posted by Community Admin on 25-May-2011 00:00

Hi,

In Sitefinity 4.0, if I have my site on two separate IIS servers with nothing being shared between them,
and change the password length requirements. Does the configuration change propagate across to the other side?

In Sitefinity 4.x the configs are file based (not sure why) so things like these worry me. Every time I make a config change I don't know if I should make it on the other side too or not.

Thanks,
Andrei

Posted by Community Admin on 25-May-2011 00:00

Can I piggyback?

If you do copy the config file over to the other IIS, does SF on that box recognize the change immediately? Or do you have to wait for a cache to timeout or an application pool reset?

Posted by Community Admin on 30-May-2011 00:00

Hi Andrey,

What do you mean by "...my site on two separate IIS servers with nothing being shared between them..."? Is this load balanced environment with no shared folders? In this case, the answer is no - configuration changes do not propagate across to the other side. The current solution is to share the configuration folder.

Eric,

Currently, we don't have file cache dependency for configuration sections. We have a different mechanism to invalidate configuration in NLB and changing configuration files in run-time is not considered for now, because it is an overhead for the application. Also, there are some scenarios which are complicated, i.e. if you save a config section for the first time, it will create a new file for, but there will be no cache dependency on the other side. We could think about implementing such file cache dependency as an option setting in the future.

The solution for both of you will be released in Sitefinity 4.1 SP2 - the configuration will be improved with option to be persisted in the database.

All the best,
Vlad
the Telerik team
Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items

Posted by Community Admin on 01-Jun-2011 00:00

Vlad,

Is this load balanced environment with no shared folders?

Answer: Yes

Ok, So the next release will sort this issue out where I need to remember to make the same configuration changes on both sides. That would be cool.

Many thanks,
Andrei

This thread is closed