Page Templates: Editing Content block results in error

Posted by Community Admin on 03-Aug-2018 19:33

Page Templates: Editing Content block results in error

All Replies

Posted by Community Admin on 25-May-2011 00:00

At 4.1 SP1 release notes says: "Page Templates: Editing Content block results in error"

I upgraded to 4.1 SP1, but now I have this problem. I can´t inline edit Content Block that it throws this exception:

Server Error in '/' Application.

Value cannot be null.
Parameter name: ControlId must be defined through the query string of the current request.

Description: An unhandled exception occurred during the execution of the current web request. Please review the stack trace for more information about the error and where it originated in the code. 

Exception Details: System.ArgumentNullException: Value cannot be null.
Parameter name: ControlId must be defined through the query string of the current request.

Source Error: 

An unhandled exception was generated during the execution of the current web request. Information regarding the origin and location of the exception can be identified using the exception stack trace below.

Stack Trace: 

[ArgumentNullException: Value cannot be null.
Parameter name: ControlId must be defined through the query string of the current request.]
   Telerik.Sitefinity.Web.UI.PropertyEditor.InitiliazeRequestProperties() +771
   Telerik.Sitefinity.Web.UI.PropertyEditor.InitializeControls(GenericContainer dialogContainer) +18
   Telerik.Sitefinity.Web.UI.SimpleView.CreateChildControls() +58
   Telerik.Sitefinity.Web.UI.DialogBase.CreateChildControls() +13
   System.Web.UI.Control.EnsureChildControls() +102
   System.Web.UI.Control.PreRenderRecursiveInternal() +42
   System.Web.UI.Control.PreRenderRecursiveInternal() +175
   System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequestMain(Boolean includeStagesBeforeAsyncPoint, Boolean includeStagesAfterAsyncPoint) +2496

Version Information: Microsoft .NET Framework Version:4.0.30319; ASP.NET Version:4.0.30319.1

How can I fix it?

Posted by Community Admin on 30-May-2011 00:00

Hello Fujiy,

I would need your db, contents of the ~/App_Data folder and web.config. 
I would need to run a few queries to verify that the upgrade scripts have ran successfully. If they haven't, I will provider you with SQL query to properly update your database.

Kind regards,
Dido
the Telerik team
Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items

Posted by Community Admin on 08-Aug-2011 00:00

Did you get this resolved? I am having the same issue after upgrading. No inline editing is available.

The problem was a conflict because I was using a version of jQuery and Sitefinity another 

Thanks. That was it. Good find.

Posted by Community Admin on 26-Jan-2012 00:00

Can someone tell me what version of jQuery is compatible with Sitefinity?

Posted by Community Admin on 30-Jan-2012 00:00

Hello,

Sitefinity loads a version of jQuery compatable for each release, we try to keep the version of jQuery up to date. The version of jQuery Sitefinity 4.4 is using is 1.7.1.

You can use different version of jQuery if needed. For the purpose I reccomend using JavascriptEmbedControl on the master page template for the site to load the different jQuery.

<sf:JavaScriptEmbedControl runat="server" ID="jQueryLink" ScriptEmbedPosition="Head"

</sf:JavaScriptEmbedControl>

<sf:JavaScriptEmbedControl runat="server" ID="jQueryUILink" ScriptEmbedPosition="Head"

<sf:JavaScriptEmbedControl runat="server" ID="JavaScriptEmbedControl6" Url="~/RTC_Scripts/series.js"

ScriptEmbedPosition ="Head">

<sf:JavaScriptEmbedControl runat="server" ID="JavaScriptEmbedControl5" Url="~/RTC_Scripts/jquery.anythingslider.js"

ScriptEmbedPosition="Head">

As the problem described above there may be conflicts between the two versions of jQuery loaded. To determine this review if there are script errors thrown on the page with Firebug`s script tab.

Regards,
Stanislav Velikov
the Telerik team
Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items

Posted by Community Admin on 30-Jan-2012 00:00

Thanks you Stanislav

This thread is closed