RadTooltip and Usercontrols in Sitefinity 4

Posted by Community Admin on 03-Aug-2018 16:46

RadTooltip and Usercontrols in Sitefinity 4

All Replies

Posted by Community Admin on 26-May-2011 00:00

Quick question guys.

How do I get a user control I created, signup.ascx and ascx.cs to appear on a Sitefinity page with a link. And when a visitor clicks that link, a RadTooltip will open with my signup usercontrol inside the tool tip.

I have got a clue on how to do this, with ASPX, I would just register the control, setup the tag name and prefix. And add it to the aspx page. But it seems I can't do that.

Alternatively, I would put a RadToolTIpManager on the master pages, and set the target control ids. But I heard during Sitefinity upgrades that master page is wiped clean, so my RadToolTipManager info will be gone, breaking the site.

Any solution to adding this correctly? 

Thanks.

Posted by Community Admin on 26-May-2011 00:00

WHAT IF...(hear me out)

What if you use FancyBox to do this instead of the RadToolTip
1) It's an embedded script in sitefinity, easy to turn on
2) It's faster than RadToolTip
3) Looks better....RadToolTip renders as a TABLE!(?!) instead of DIVs...so....yeah

I heard during Sitefinity upgrades that master page is wiped clean, so my RadToolTipManager info will be gone, breaking the site.

Not sure where you heard this, not the case (at least anymore)

Posted by Community Admin on 31-May-2011 00:00

What do you mean Fancy Box? Can a user control be added to a Fancy Box? And can multiple anchor tags trigger the Fancy Box?

Posted by Community Admin on 31-May-2011 00:00

Yeah, Fancybox is just a div on your page that is able to pop-up (or an iframe)

http://fancybox.net/

The script comes with sitefinity, you just need to link it in with the resource controls

Posted by Community Admin on 01-Jun-2011 00:00

I'm not seeing Fancy Box at all, in the admin panel.

Posted by Community Admin on 02-Jun-2011 00:00

I think it would be easier if I just used the RadToolTip, since I'm used to that. If I can get any help with that, it would be much appreciated. 

Posted by Community Admin on 08-Jun-2011 00:00

Any help with this would be greatly appreciated, I still have the issue. Should I just submit a support ticket for quick help?

Posted by Community Admin on 08-Jun-2011 00:00

It's just standard asp.net, there should be no difference, aside from
1) Putting it into an ascx
2) Compiling the code
3) Register the control in the backend settings
4) Drag\Dropping it onto the page

Instead of #3 you could also just register the control in the web.config and use it directly in the masterpage (if you have one)

like this

<add tagName="Toolbar" tagPrefix="ocfp" src="~/UserControls/Toolbar/Toolbar.ascx" />

This thread is closed