Changing Album/Image Owner

Posted by Community Admin on 03-Aug-2018 20:19

Changing Album/Image Owner

All Replies

Posted by Community Admin on 26-May-2011 00:00

Is there a way to change the owner of an album or an image? (Sifefinity 4.1 SP1)

I see under Administration/Permissions that there is a "Change Album Owner" permission, and a  "Change Image Owner" permission, but I don't see a way to actually change either. How is this done?

Thanks,

Tom

Posted by Community Admin on 31-May-2011 00:00

Hello Tom,

You can chnage the Author/Owner property very easily through code - you just need to pass the title of the album you want to change and the user name. Please take a look at the below sample code:

var manager = UserManager.GetManager();
            var newOwner = manager.GetUser("MyUser").Id;
            var myAlbum = App.WorkWith().Albums().Where(aB => aB.Title == "AlbumTitle").Get().SingleOrDefault();
            myAlbum.Owner = newOwner;

Regards,
Boyan Barnev
the Telerik team
Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items

Posted by Community Admin on 31-May-2011 00:00

We already figured this out, and tried it. However, changing the owner still does not allow users to upload images because the modify album and manage images permissions is not implemented in a granular fashion. This applies to not only image libraries, but all libraries including document libraries, video libraries and albums.

I appears that all of the permissions are in place for implementing this type of granularity, however, the code to allow it has not been implemented.

We will be following up with more information via a support ticket.

Thanks,

Tom

Posted by Community Admin on 01-Jun-2011 00:00

Hello Tom,

Yes, that's the way permissions for content items are applied currently. However we are working on the task logged in this PITS issue, of which we informed you in this forum thread. We'll try to provide a solution for the problem in one of the upcoming releases.

Regards,
Boyan Barnev
the Telerik team

Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items

Posted by Community Admin on 01-Jun-2011 00:00

Actually,the forum thread you referred to and the PITS issue was related to page permissions, and I was provided a fix that addressed that issue via a support ticket. The fix was later shared in this forum thread but, this has nothing to do with granular pemissions for libraries which is an equally important issue.

Tom

Posted by Community Admin on 02-Jun-2011 00:00

Hi Tom,

Yes, indeed the thread concerned pages permissions, and I want to thank you for the active involvement on your side in helping the community and sharing your solution in the forums. I referred you tot he PITS issue, as the problem is related, and I have included it in the internal bug description. Can you, please, clarify what you mean by "It appears that all of the permissions are in place for implementing this type of granularity, however, the code to allow it has not been implemented."  We've had questions from people asking about the "break inheritance" button for content items like images, when trying to set granular permissions, but this was more of a license restriction. Are you using your Enterprise license for the project we're currently discussing or another type of license?

Kind regards,
Boyan Barnev
the Telerik team

This thread is closed