RadControls and ViewState problem upgrade

Posted by Community Admin on 03-Aug-2018 14:48

RadControls and ViewState problem upgrade

All Replies

Posted by Community Admin on 27-May-2011 00:00

Hi,

I'm still having troubles with Rad controls viewstate in 4.1 SP1.

RadTabStrip, RadMultipage and RadGrid behave consistently (doing what I want) using SF4.0 but after upgrade to SF4.1 SP1 some of them behave in differents ways.
So I enabled viewstate on the page settings and RadGrid is not displaying at all !

I would like if anyone is still having problems with the viewstate...

I've upgraded directly from sf 4.0 to 4.1 SP1. Is that correct or I need to upgrade first to 4.1 before 4.1 SP1?
I'm using the RadControls inside user controls that display in frontpages. 

Thanks!

John.

Posted by Community Admin on 30-May-2011 00:00

Hi John,

If you create a new project through the project manager and add the same control can you see the RadGrid? I was not able to replicate this issue locally.

All the best,
Ivan Dimitrov
the Telerik team

Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items

Posted by Community Admin on 31-May-2011 00:00

Hi,

After spend some time with this, this solve my problem:

I made a new user control with the RadControls on it. But this worked (viewstate and all the stuff) ONLY adding a Script Manager on the user control template. I enabled the viewstate on the page settings too. Everything is fine now.

PD: I've tried to enable RadScriptManager from the  page settings but this didn't work for me. What this property is suppose to do ? 

Thanks,

John.

Posted by Community Admin on 02-Jun-2011 00:00

Hi John,

Actually, if you don't have script manger on a page we add  it, so you must have a script manager on the page event if you don't reference it.

Regards,
Ivan Dimitrov
the Telerik team

Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items

Posted by Community Admin on 30-Jun-2011 00:00

I'm still struggling with the same issue.

I enable viewstate on a page, this is a page that I have created from my own .master file (template), but I cannot keep complex objects (marked as serializable) within viewstate.

I seem to lose viewstate after I use a usercontrol that has a RadGrid using advanced data binding and SEO paging.

My initial query to fill my radgrid works perfectly, however, calls to paging in my radgrid seem to dispose viewstate.

I'm at a loss as to how to go about debugging this, I've checked the log files and the server's event logs as well as my dev box's events and logs, to no avail.

Sitefinity Product version: 4.1.1339.0
Telerik.web.ui.dll 2011.1.413.40

Do I have a version mismatch?

Thank you!
Joel

Posted by Community Admin on 01-Jul-2011 00:00

Hi Joel,

You should register a custom route

protected void Application_Start(object sender, EventArgs e)

Bootstrapper.Initialized += new EventHandler<Telerik.Sitefinity.Data.ExecutedEventArgs>(this.AfterInit);

private void AfterInit(object sender, Telerik.Sitefinity.Data.ExecutedEventArgs args)

ObjectFactory.Container.RegisterType<IVirtualFileResolver, SitefinityPageResolverCustom>("PageResolver",
             new ContainerControlledLifetimeManager(), new InjectionConstructor());

if (args.CommandName == "RegisterRoutes")

RouteTable.Routes.MapPageRoute("RadGridSEOPaging",
                "ui/RouteParameterName",
                "~/Default.aspx",
                true,
                new RouteValueDictionary "RouteParameterName", "1" );

but indeed there are some issues related to this scenario that we have to investigate further.

Regards,
Ivan Dimitrov
the Telerik team

This thread is closed