Browser Recommendations for backend editing.

Posted by Community Admin on 03-Aug-2018 18:23

Browser Recommendations for backend editing.

All Replies

Posted by Community Admin on 31-May-2011 00:00

I know Sitefinity 4.0 supports the following browsers, from this link (www.sitefinity.com/.../systems-requirements.aspx)

However one of our clients is having a very difficult time (server lag, rendering issues, etc) making back-end edits using IE7. Does Telerik recommend using any specific browser for backend editing?

I remember Gabe saying Chrome was the best...and I'd have to agree, even though I prefer Firefox on the front end.

Thanks for the reply Steve - as we use Firefox and chrome ourselves. Our client on the other hand - is forced to use IE7 (6 year old browser) due to company IT limitations. A result - the client is having major difficulties on preview renders, response time, adding content, etc - I have all the certain that their problems are IE7 related, however im looking for Telerik to chime in and give me some assurance that they recommend another browser.

Hey, I feel your pain

Get this...hospital IT here just spend a ton of cash UPDATING to IE7 (from 6)...and this was during the release of IE9

Funny - this client could fall in the Hospital genre as well.

Posted by Community Admin on 03-Jun-2011 00:00

Hi Scott ,

Any of the recommended browsers can be used, as we have tested the product on them extensively. However, this should not limit your choice of browser, and at the end of the day it comes more or less up to your personal preference. Indeed there's some truth in the statement that the backend works fast with Chrome, however most of us are using Firefox with many add-ons, including FireBug which slows down the performance, so, like I said it's up to the user.

Kind regards,
Boyan Barnev
the Telerik team

Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items

This thread is closed