Problems uploading images through the Sitefinity admin

Posted by Community Admin on 03-Aug-2018 20:24

Problems uploading images through the Sitefinity admin

All Replies

Posted by Community Admin on 31-May-2011 00:00

We are having problems uploading images through the Sitefinity admin. This is a new install on a shared server, IIS7, MS SQL 2008. We are hosting at Arvixe.com on one of their shared servers.

When we upload a new image the process seems to work and we are not getting any errors. In the admin the images do show in the preview window. We only get a red X or a 404. We do see records in the database for the images that we have uploaded. We have confirmed the Handler Mappings are configured per the documentation for IIS7.0. We also tried first changing the URL configuration in the settings in Sitefinity and then also tried renaming the actual "Images" folder in the physical path.

We are unfortunately at a bit of standstill with further implementation for our two client sites until this issue is resolved. 

Posted by Community Admin on 01-Jun-2011 00:00

We have a support ticket open for this issue but we are not getting a response from Telerik. Can anyone point us in the right direction? If we do not get this resolved we will have to abandon Sitefinity and use another CMS. We are really frustrated with this!

Posted by Community Admin on 02-Jun-2011 00:00

Hi Steve,

I have answered you in the support ticket.

Regards,
Victor Velev
the Telerik team

Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items

Posted by Community Admin on 08-Nov-2011 00:00

I am having the same issues with this, every time I upload images they come up broken no matter what I do. Please help!!

Posted by Community Admin on 09-Nov-2011 00:00

Hello Andrew,

Please check the following article which contains detailed information about the causes and possible solutions to the problem.

Kind regards,
Victor Velev
the Telerik team

Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items

Posted by Community Admin on 09-Nov-2011 00:00

hello,
My issue is my photos will show broken(404 error) when I upload them and all the current ones are broken that I uploaded in the past, this all originated to a loop in the templates(my fault) about two weeks ago and our web guy fixed the issue, but then this whole broken image thing started. Now I did use this resource but I really dont know alot about code and the supposed "button" it creates. If you need login info I would be happy to give it to you so you can look. let me know, thanks

Posted by Community Admin on 10-Nov-2011 00:00

Hi Andrew,

Can you tell us what version of Sitefinity you are using? Also can you please go over the article from my previous reply as it contains good number of suggestions on how to resolve that particular issue. Can you go over and try them. Also you can open a support ticket and send us credentials for your website so we can log in and investigate further.

All the best,
Victor Velev
the Telerik team

Posted by Community Admin on 10-Nov-2011 00:00

I am using 4.1, I will open a ticket also with the credentials. Thank you

This thread is closed