Does Search index documents?

Posted by Community Admin on 03-Aug-2018 06:03

Does Search index documents?

All Replies

Posted by Community Admin on 01-Jun-2011 00:00

Hi,

I would like to find out does Sitefinity 4.x search and index documents?  If not, is there a workaround for this?

Regards,
Adrian

Posted by Community Admin on 01-Jun-2011 00:00

Hello Adrian,

Documents are not included in the index. There will be a solution to do this after Q2 with the new index pipe API.

Best wishes,
Ivan Dimitrov
the Telerik team

Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items

Posted by Community Admin on 12-Oct-2011 00:00

Hi,

"There will be a solution to do this after Q2 with the new index pipe API."

Any news on this? Roadmap?

By the way, I had 2 quick questions on indexing:

- Do inserted, updated or deleted items automatically trigger an index update? So that I do not have to manually reindex everything regularly.
- Do the Sitefinity APIs (like the fluent one) automatically use indexes when they're available, or do indexes have to be called explicitly?

Thanks.

Posted by Community Admin on 13-Oct-2011 00:00

Hello Thomas,

There is a sample pipe that index  txt documents and it is in the  sample project in this post and you can use it as a base pipe  for pipes that will index specific documents or extend it. Right now it is not on our Roadmap for the next release.  

And the answers for the questions : 

The fluent API  calls the publishing system automatically. Nevertheless we have a problem now when you try to publish or delete an item with specific facades. If you are using 

App.WorkWith().AnyContentItem<T> it will work fine and will call the publishing system (this includes the search also since it is built upon the publishing system) for any action like Delete,Create,Unpublish or Publish. 
All the best,
Teodor
the Telerik team
Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items

Posted by Community Admin on 11-Apr-2012 00:00

I just downloaded the evaluation version of sitefinity 5.0.2523.0. Is it possible to index documents (search) like txt, pdf, doc, docx, xls, xlsx etc in this version.

Posted by Community Admin on 11-Apr-2012 00:00

-- again an error occurs when posting to this thread forcing me to post it two times. --

This thread is closed