Running Sitefinity in a virtual directory

Posted by Community Admin on 03-Aug-2018 17:26

Running Sitefinity in a virtual directory

All Replies

Posted by Community Admin on 01-Jun-2011 00:00

I configured sitefinity to run in a virtual directory. But when I first browsed the site, I get the error:

The specified request cannot be executed from current Application Pool

The resolution I found is to add a registry entry to ignore the custom error page. Will this affect Sitefinity's functioning in any way?

Posted by Community Admin on 03-Jun-2011 00:00

Hi Eric,

If your Sitefinity installation is running OK without generating error logs its function is not affected.
The project manager has several options for creating projects - local file system, local IIS, and remote location (either using FTP or  HTTP). To create projects on remote location through HTTP the site should support FrontPageExtensions. Whenever you create projects, at the screen where you choose project name you can click the Browse button and from the popup select Local IIS and choose an IIS site or Virtual Directory to create the project to. Problem when manually creating the site on IIS seems to be related to missing handler mappings to ScriptResource.axd and WebResource.axd.
If you have hosted Sitefinity in a virtual directory under (your database name), could you please make sure that it is configured as an application?

Also please take a look at this article and in you experience other problems with virtual directory there is a KB available with common virtual directory errors.

Please write back if you need further help.

Regards,
Stanislav Velikov
the Telerik team

Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items

This thread is closed