Upgrading project from 4.0 to 4.1?

Posted by Community Admin on 03-Aug-2018 00:02

Upgrading project from 4.0 to 4.1?

All Replies

Posted by Community Admin on 02-Jun-2011 00:00

Hi,

I installed Sitefinity 4.0 (when it was released) and now 4.1 However, there is no option to upgrade and I have a stable project which is based on Sitefinity 4.0. How can I upgrade this project?

Thanks

Posted by Community Admin on 02-Jun-2011 00:00

Hello,

If you have Sitefinity 4.0 you can upgrade your project by downloading the latest official supported release ( which is 1405 ), add your project to the Project.xml file and you will see that the upgrade option will be available to you. Please check the attached images.

Best wishes,
Victor Velev
the Telerik team

Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items

Posted by Community Admin on 06-Jun-2011 00:00

Hello,

we purchased a licence for our product for 4.0 - I just upgraded to 4.1. - isn't the licence valid for 4.1 too? How can I downgrade, if it isn't? I want to make a migration now from 3.7 to 4.1...

Thank You,
Gabriele

Hello ,

The license key should be valid for 4.1 and its service packs. If you have access to the downloads this means that you are allowed to download and upgrade your projects with the latest versions.

Best wishes,
Ivan Dimitrov
the Telerik team

Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items

Hi Ivan,

I added my licence to my 4.0-project and then I've upgraded it to 4.1. When I wanted to go to administration I was asked for a licence. When I selected the licence which I also choosed for the project when it was 4.0 it didn't work.

Thanks, Gabriele

Hello,

Please see attached screenshot. After you upgrade to 4.1 you need to download the proper license key, so your copy is verified. If your licenses have expired you will have either to renew them, or download a trial and test our product using the trial license key.

Best wishes,
Victor Velev
the Telerik team

Posted by Community Admin on 08-Jun-2011 00:00

Hi,

I have 4.1 1395. Would that work for the upgrade? I don't want to have to change my build of Sitefinity.

Also, the database would need to be restored to my local SQL Server on my dev machine, too.

Thanks

Posted by Community Admin on 09-Jun-2011 00:00

Hi,

I am not sure if I fully understand your worries. You want to upgrade your project, but do not want to change the build version of Sitefinity? Once you upgrade to a newer version your database is also upgraded and you need to move your codebase and database to your production server, which needs to be configured like in our documentation. Then you need to change your DataConfig strings so they match new server.

Regards,
Victor Velev
the Telerik team

Posted by Community Admin on 11-Jun-2011 00:00

Hi,

The process makes sense for now. I have got the latest version of 4.1 SP1.

My last question: Do I need to install 4.0 and 4.1 SP1 side-by-side? I uninstalled 4.0 so I don't have a populated projects file.

Thanks        

Posted by Community Admin on 13-Jun-2011 00:00

Hello,

You do not need both versions of Sitefinity installed side-by-side. As long as you have properly installed the latest version of Sitefinity you will have all the files you need to build a project or host one. You can check the following link, which contains an example code that you can find in the Projects.xml file.

Best wishes,
Victor Velev
the Telerik team

This thread is closed