Return Code: 0 in 4.1 SP1

Posted by Community Admin on 03-Aug-2018 17:36

Return Code: 0 in 4.1 SP1

All Replies

Posted by Community Admin on 02-Jun-2011 00:00

Hey there,

I've been racking my brains trying to figure out how to fix this issue but am having no luck.

Firstly I noticed this error when trying to create a new page, after I had finished inputting the details and hit save it would pop up with an alert box "Return Code: 0". So I looked on here and it was mentioning about within "sf_page_nodes" table of the database to set the "open_new_window" column to allow nulls. My database won't allow me to do this saying I need to drop the table and then re-create it (I'm not confident enough with mssql to do that).

So, I just set the 'Pages' Row "open_new_window" field to 1 and it worked. I was able to create a page.

But, I cannot edit a pages 'Title & Properties', the same error keeps popping up. I am able to go into a page, edit content and publish without a problem.

I've no idea how to resolve this issue. It doesn't work on other websites that are using the same build version.

Please help.

Thanks,
Jamie

Posted by Community Admin on 03-Jun-2011 00:00

Hi Jamie,

Thank you for contacting Telerik Support.

The error ( error code 0 ) you get may be coming from a number of different factors therefore I need to have more information in order to help you. Can you try and use Firebug plugin for Firefox and check what error(s) come(s) in the Net tab when you try and create new pages. Also can you tell me more about your project setup and your server environment so I can have a better picture of your situation.

It would be great if you could provide videos, screenshots or remote access to your website so I can investigate the issue in depth.

Greetings,
Victor Velev
the Telerik team

Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items

Posted by Community Admin on 06-Jun-2011 00:00

Hi Victor,

Apologies in the delay of my reply.

I found the issue to my problem. It seems that if the Keyword field is longer than a set amount of characters then it will throw the error, otherwise it saves fine. I believe you can take this restriction off in the advanced administration settings (?), but now I know what it is I will leave it in as a prompt when I go over the required keyword character count.

Posted by Community Admin on 07-Jun-2011 00:00

Hello,

I am experiencing a similar issue, but this time it happens when I try to created a new Content Block Item

Please see the attached image.

There was just one content block item that was created at some point in the past. I deleted it and tried to create a new content block item and still got the same error.

Please Help

Hi Steve,

Can you please use Firebug plugin for Firefox and check the Net tab to see what error comes up when you try to create content block. Also can you tell me if you experience the error when creating other content or just content blocks?

In addition can you tell me if your project has been upgraded from previous version, do you have any custom modifications to it and your setup. This information would be helpful in order to resolve your issue as soon as possible.

Kind regards,
Victor Velev
the Telerik team

Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items

Hi Victor,

I tried to trace the error is Firebug, but I didn't see anything useful that will indicate some error being reported. I have attached snapshots of the the firebug output.

I don't experience the error when I create other content items.

Yes we upgraded the project from a version 4.1 1339 to 4.1 1395.

After the upgrade we  added two custom ASP.NET controls (.ascx files) to the project that appear in the toolbox and are working properly.
That is the extent of changes made.

I sometimes get this in the backend settings area where I click on something before the ajax POST has completed...

Posted by Community Admin on 08-Jun-2011 00:00

Hello Steve,

I can see from the screenshots that the PUT method is aborted when trying to create a Content Block Item, which in most cases concerns the server configuration. If you use IIS to serve your website you need to make sure that the PUT method is allowed. I have few ideas which might help you out:

1. Please check whether the web dav is disabled at your end. I attached a screenshot of the web config were we disable the module. Try to disable it from the Windows features as well.

2. Could you verify in IIS - HandlerMappings section wheter all .svc extensions have been set to "All verbs" in the "verbs" section of "Request restrictions" option. 

3. There could be some issue if you make internal routings or somehow you change the host header. Can you move the project to another server and see whether you will have the same problems. It looks like the issue is related to some server settings. Try to run your project using Project Manager or VS and see if the error comes up again. If it does not come up we will know that the server configuration is failing us.

4. Can you please verify that your live server supports WCF service. You can check this article regarding the WCF service:

http://www.telerik.com/help/reporting/silverlight-wcf-service-overview.html

Best wishes,
Victor Velev
the Telerik team

Posted by Community Admin on 08-Jun-2011 00:00

Hi,

I used to get this error as well when creating, updating or deleting content items.

what solved this for me (after a bit of firebug'n) was the settings for RadCompression:

1) I cleared the RadCompression definitions i use to place in regular web app with telerik UI tools:
Right Click on SitefinityWebApp -> Rad Controls for ASP.NET AJAX -> Configure Project 
and uncheck RadCompression
2) turn on script combine in sitefinity backend:
in Settings->Advanced->Pages set CombineScripts=true

That fixed the problem for me.
I hope this helps.

Lev Rosenblit

Posted by Community Admin on 09-Jun-2011 00:00

Hi Lev,

Glad to hear that you have resolved the issue. I have made note of your solution so if somebody experiences such error in future will know where to look for it.

Regards,
Victor Velev
the Telerik team

Posted by Community Admin on 09-Jun-2011 00:00

Hi Victor,

I tired the suggestions made by Lev, and I did not have change anything, the settings saved are as per Lev's tips.

I tried your suggestions too, firstly. I tried running the project locally in VS2010 and I still got the same error message.
Then I also verified you other suggestions. All the settings are already saved as you suggested in the project.
Since I am able to re-produce the error when I run it locally, that leads me to believe that is something wrong with the internal configuration of the project or the database.

I created a support ticket and attached the database backup and project file. 

Support ticket # is 432881

I hope this will help you resolve this issue I am facing, Anxiously awaiting your response.

Posted by Community Admin on 10-Jun-2011 00:00

Hi Steve,

I have answered you in the support ticket you have opened.

All the best,
Victor Velev
the Telerik team

Posted by Community Admin on 13-Jun-2011 00:00

I am having the same issue when I try to create new pages. The problem started to occur when I upgraded last week. \
I have attached screenshots

Posted by Community Admin on 14-Jun-2011 00:00

Hello Shaka,

It seems that the PUT requests are blocked when you try to create a page. Do experience the same problem when creating news, categories, tags or other type of content on your website? Can you make sure you have set the WorkflowBaseURL to your website address ( the setting can be found in Settings -> Advanced -> System -> ServicePaths ).

Regards,
Victor Velev
the Telerik team

I got the error below the first time I tried to create a news article..

There was no endpoint listening at http:\/\/website\/Workflows\/PagesApprovalWorkflow.xamlx that could accept the message. This is often caused by an incorrect address or SOAP action. See InnerException, if present, for more details

Then I set the WorkflowBaseUrl to http://name-of-website.com; and then I was able to create news articles, blogs etc.

However, I am still receiving the PUT error when I try to create Pages. What else can I do to resolve this issue.

Hi Shaka,

The error says that when the application tries to access PagesApprovalWorkflow.xamlx then this url does not exist on the server. The reason for this is some changes to the host, host header, network mapping.
There is a property WorkflowBaseUrl under  Administration >> Settings >> Advanced >> System >> ServicePath that you can set to the real host so that the xaml will be found.

Regards,
Ivan Dimitrov
the Telerik team

I stated in the previous post that I set the WorkflowBaseUrl  property to resolve that particular error.
But I am still getting the PUT error(Return Code: 0). How do I fix the Return Code: 0, because setting the WorkflowBaseUrl property, only, did not fix it.

Hello Shaka,

Is there some more info that comes from the service tracer log? Have you tried to run the project from another machine and /or VS and our ProjectManager?

Best wishes,
Ivan Dimitrov
the Telerik team

The project runs fine in IIS on my local machine. I only get the error when I copy the files to my development server. IIS on my development server is identical to IIS on my local workstation.

How do I check service tracer log?

Posted by Community Admin on 02-Jul-2011 00:00

For me, on my shared host I get these errors unless I have this defined in the web.config in the handlers node

<handlers>
<remove name="svc-ISAPI-4.0_64bit" />
<remove name="xamlx-ISAPI-4.0_64bit" />

<add name="svc-ISAPI-4.0_64bit_local" path="*.svc" verb="*" modules="IsapiModule" scriptProcessor="c:\Windows\Microsoft.NET\Framework64\v4.0.30319\aspnet_isapi.dll" resourceType="Unspecified" preCondition="classicMode,runtimeVersionv4.0,bitness64" />
        <add name="xamlx-ISAPI-4.0_64bit_local" path="*.xamlx" verb="*" modules="IsapiModule" scriptProcessor="C:\Windows\Microsoft.NET\Framework64\v4.0.30319\aspnet_isapi.dll" resourceType="Unspecified" preCondition="classicMode,runtimeVersionv4.0,bitness64" />
        <add name="svc-Integrated_local" verb="*" path="*.svc" type="System.ServiceModel.Activation.HttpHandler, System.ServiceModel.Activation, Version=4.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=31bf3856ad364e35" />
        <add name="xamlx-Integrated-4.0_local" verb="*" path="*.xamlx" type="System.Xaml.Hosting.XamlHttpHandlerFactory, System.Xaml.Hosting, Version=4.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=31bf3856ad364e35" preCondition="integratedMode" />
</handlers>

Posted by Community Admin on 04-Jul-2011 00:00

Hi,

You can use C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft SDKs\Windows\v7.0A\Bin\SvcTraceViewer.exe to read the tracer log. Since the project works fine on your local machine and not on the host IIS, then there is some difference in the settings - they are not identical. Your host denies PUT , there is some tool like UrlScan or some rewrite rule that breaks the PUT request.

Kind regards,
Ivan Dimitrov
the Telerik team

This thread is closed