"This type of page not served" error for entire su

Posted by Community Admin on 03-Aug-2018 16:46

"This type of page not served" error for entire subtree of pages

All Replies

Posted by Community Admin on 03-Jun-2011 00:00

This error suddenly started occurring.  If one is logged into the sitefinity backend there is no problem, but this happens for users who are not logged in and just wish to view the live site.  

anyone have any suggestions?

Hi Jaime ,

It looks like you have set a permission that doesn't allow anonymous users to view your pages. This is why when you are logged in you can see them. Can you set the permissions set for you pages?

All the best,
Ivan Dimitrov
the Telerik team

Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items

this is only for one subtree of pages.  How would I go about setting the permissions? for that?  is it done on a per-node basis?  Is it the PageNode.Permissions collection?

these nodes were generated (duplicated) using code.  I quickly and messily adapted some code i saw in another post.  I'm on sitefinity 4.0 sp1. 

var mgr = App.WorkWith().Page(pn.Id);

mgr.Duplicate().Do(

p =>

p.ShowInNavigation = true;

p.Parent = parentPage;

p.Page.Template = myTemplate;

).SaveChanges();

Also I've cycled through the PageNode.Permissions list and see that all properties are identical to the properties of the PageNode I've duplicated.

Posted by Community Admin on 20-Jul-2011 00:00

We seem to have the same error. It started suddenly on one particular page. Not on a tree of pages, because its subpages are accessible. One page is inaccessible, and throws a 500 error.

http://www.sitefinity.com/devnet/forums/sitefinity-4-x/bugs-issues/500-error-on-a-page-that-has-sufficient-permissions.aspx

This thread is closed