Working with RSS...

Posted by Community Admin on 03-Aug-2018 04:52

Working with RSS...

All Replies

Posted by Community Admin on 04-Jun-2011 00:00

Ok so how does this work

I define a page, drop on a document list and define the categories and tags which filter the list

Then I go to the Feeds area in the backend, choose Documents, point it at that page, then the feed is based on the filters I have applied to the document list?

Is there no way to just define the feed by taxonomy in the backend?...why do things always have to point at a page (re: search index)

Posted by Community Admin on 05-Jun-2011 00:00

Ok so clearly this is not how it works, or it's a bug...

The page I pointed the Generated at has a filter list (by tag) and there's only 5 items in the list...but the resulting feed has everything

Even worse...its showing the items in a random order...clearly not by date published or modified...which is weird since that's what RSS is supposed to show right?

Posted by Community Admin on 07-Jun-2011 00:00

Yeah, it's a little bit odd.

I have a "News Page" that only shows news with the category "General News", and have a feed that is apparently generated from it. Unfortunately it produces an update every time a new news item is created, regardless of the category. Bug-tastic!

On the upside, they are coming out in cronological order for me :)

Paul

Posted by Community Admin on 08-Jun-2011 00:00

Hi Paul,

The default behavior for the export News RSS is to take all news items, there is no problem from your side concerning this. Advanced filtering for feeds/RSS (Upon feeds creation, users will be able to apply filtering by category, tag and other relevant fields (author, date, etc.)) is scheduled for implementation in Sitefinity 4.2 Please consult our Roadmap for more details.

All the best,
Boyan Barnev
the Telerik team

Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items

This thread is closed