Impossible to uninstall module

Posted by Community Admin on 03-Aug-2018 08:19

Impossible to uninstall module

All Replies

Posted by Community Admin on 06-Jun-2011 00:00

Hello

I am facing very strange behavior, I could not make the custom module work on my SF 4.1 website, so however I removed all references to that module project, removed it from the backend UI and the SystemConfing has no information about it anymore, restarted the application, rebuilded it, but it is still visible under content menu, also another issue, when I try to edit any page I got the following error

Could not find the specified key "PersonApplicationsUploadTitle" or class id "PersonsResources".

The Persons module is totally removed from my website, why do I still get error relating to it?
Thanks

Hello Karen,

I will get back to you in the support ticket, regarding your modules. However if you want to remove a custom module from your website, please check the following forum thread.

Greetings,
Victor Velev
the Telerik team

Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items

Hi, To completely uninstall a module - use the following:

1) delete the lines that contain the MODULE_NAME from:
SystemConfig.config
ContentViewConfig.config
WorkflowConfig.config
SecurityConfig.config

2) close cassini (or recycle the pool if you have a dev server).

3) open a new query window in Sql Server Manager and run the following script:

DECLARE @TempIds TABLE ( id uniqueidentifier )
INSERT INTO @TempIds (id)
SELECT id FROM sf_page_node WHERE url_name_ = N'MODULE_NAME'
DELETE FROM sf_page_node_attrbutes WHERE id in (SELECT id FROM @TempIds)
DELETE FROM sf_page_node_sf_permissions WHERE id in (SELECT id FROM @TempIds)
DELETE FROM sf_pg_nd_prmssnst_bjct_ttl_rs_ WHERE id in (SELECT id FROM @TempIds)
DELETE FROM sf_pg_nd_sf_prmssns_nhrtnc_map WHERE id in (SELECT id FROM @TempIds)
DELETE FROM sf_pg_nd_spprtd_prmission_sets WHERE id in (SELECT id FROM @TempIds)
DELETE FROM sf_page_node WHERE id in (SELECT id FROM @TempIds)

4) now rebuild the SitefinityWebApp and run it.

5) the module is gone.

A Tip:
If you want only to reinstall the module dont delete the MODULE_NAME from SystemConfig.config

In most cases for custom modules this should work.

All the best,
Lev Rosenblit

Posted by Community Admin on 07-Jun-2011 00:00

Hi,

Thank you Lev for sharing details about the procedure.

Please Karen, contact me again in this thread if you find any difficulties deleting a module.

Regards,
Victor Velev
the Telerik team

Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items

Posted by Community Admin on 08-Jun-2011 00:00

Hi,
I've updated the script: I forgot to delete from sf_page_node itself.

Lev Rosenblit

Posted by Community Admin on 04-Jul-2011 00:00

Hi,

I am having a similar problem and performing uninstall using the SQL code you have provided...

But there is something I do not understand.. Now, lets call our module "Regulations"..

Even If I run the SQL script you have provided, there are some table which stand still.. their names are:

"custom_regulations"
"custom_regulations_category"
"custom_regulations_colors"
"custom_regulations_sf_commnt"
"custom_regulations_tag"

there are also these tables (which also stand still) whose names are a bit confusing:
cstm_rgltns_sf_prmssns_nhrtnc_
cstm_rgulations_sf_permissions

it looks asif sitefinity created some tables using a shortened version of the name of the module....

summary:
- when performing a regular uninstallation, sitefinity is not dropping these tables..
- the SQL script you have provided is also not dropping these table..

1. should I assume that "It is OK" if these tables are not dropped even if the module related to them is deleted???
2. IS it OK if I drop them manually??

Thanks,
Cihan

This thread is closed