Document URL property - not what expected

Posted by Community Admin on 03-Aug-2018 14:52

Document URL property - not what expected

All Replies

Posted by Community Admin on 06-Jun-2011 00:00

I was expecting the URL property on a Document/File to create a url that would redirect/rewrite to the file.  Instead, it's just renaming the file uploaded.  Is there a way we can specify the url like that for content?

Actual:
URL - ccn_copydoc
Embed link - www.mydomain.com/.../ccn_copydoc.docx?Status=Master

Expected or Need:
URL - ccn_copydoc
Embed link - http://www.mydomain.com/ccn_copydoc

Posted by Community Admin on 07-Jun-2011 00:00

Hi Suzanne,

Thank you for using our services. Can you, please, let us know what you mean by "redirect/rewrite to the file". Currently the way a document URL is constructed is [Documents URL root]/Library/document name, and if you are embedding a link to the document the Mater status is explicitly taken. If you wish you can change the way document's URLs are constructed by mapping a key "urlFormat" for the OpenAccessDataProvider for Libraries, and specify your own value e.g. /[UrlName] which will return only the document name in the URL. However, I would not recommend you set this since it'll be very easy then to have duplicate URL entries,a s the unique Library where the content item is located will not be taken into account anymore when constructing the URL name. I hope you find this information useful. If you need any further assistance, please let us know.

Kind regards,
Boyan Barnev
the Telerik team

Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items

This thread is closed