Blog Comment Control Not Working

Posted by Community Admin on 03-Aug-2018 02:45

Blog Comment Control Not Working

All Replies

Posted by Community Admin on 07-Jun-2011 00:00

On my current Sitefinity instance, I've set up a blog, created a template for the layout, and set a blog posts widget on the page.  Additionally, I've modified the template of the blog posts widget a bit.  It all displays fine when I go to the page with the blog posts listing.  However, when I go to an individual blog post page, the comments rich text area is not functioning correctly.  It often does not show the white background, allow users to enter input, and the formatting bar does not displaying correctly.  Here's the template I'm using:

<%@ Control Language="C#" %>
<%@ Register TagPrefix="sf" Namespace="Telerik.Sitefinity.Web.UI.ContentUI" Assembly="Telerik.Sitefinity" %>
<%@ Register TagPrefix="sf" Namespace="Telerik.Sitefinity.Web.UI.Comments" Assembly="Telerik.Sitefinity" %>
<%@ Register TagPrefix="sf" Namespace="Telerik.Sitefinity.Web.UI" Assembly="Telerik.Sitefinity" %>
<%@ Register TagPrefix="sf" Namespace="Telerik.Sitefinity.Web.UI.PublicControls.BrowseAndEdit" Assembly="Telerik.Sitefinity" %>
<%@ Register TagPrefix="telerik" Namespace="Telerik.Web.UI" Assembly="Telerik.Web.UI" %>
<%@ Import Namespace="Telerik.Sitefinity" %>   

<telerik:RadListView ID="Repeater" ItemPlaceholderID="ItemsContainer" runat="server" EnableEmbeddedSkins="false" EnableEmbeddedBaseStylesheet="false">
    <LayoutTemplate>
        <sf:ContentBrowseAndEditToolbar ID="MainBrowseAndEditToolbar" runat="server" Mode="Add"></sf:ContentBrowseAndEditToolbar>
        <ul class="sfpostsList sfpostListTitleDateSummary">
            <asp:PlaceHolder ID="ItemsContainer" runat="server" />
        </ul>
    </LayoutTemplate>
    <ItemTemplate>
        <li class="sfpostListItem">

<h2 class="sfpostTitle">
                <sf:DetailsViewHyperLink TextDataField="Title" ToolTipDataField="Description" runat="server" />
            </h2>

<div class="sfpostAuthorAndDate">
                <asp:Literal ID="Literal2" Text="<%$ Resources:Labels, By %>" runat="server" />
                <sf:PersonProfileView runat="server" />
                <sf:FieldListView ID="PostDate" runat="server" Format=" | PublicationDate.ToLocal():MMM dd, yyyy" />
            </div>

<sf:FieldListView ID="PostContent" runat="server" Text="0" Properties="Summary" WrapperTagName="div" WrapperTagCssClass="sfpostSummary" />

<sf:DetailsViewHyperLink ID="FullStory" Text="KEEP READING" runat="server" CssClass="button" />

<div>
Posted in <sitefinity:FlatTaxonField ID="FlatFieldControl" DisplayMode="Read" runat="server" WebServiceUrl="~/Sitefinity/Services/Taxonomies/FlatTaxon.svc" AllowMultipleSelection="true" TaxonomyId="CB0F3A19-A211-48a7-88EC-77495C0F5374" TaxonomyMetafieldName="Tags" Expanded="false" ExpandText="ClickToAddTags" BindOnServer="true" style='display: inline;'/>
</div>
            <sf:ContentBrowseAndEditToolbar ID="BrowseAndEditToolbar" runat="server" Mode="Edit,Delete,Unpublish"></sf:ContentBrowseAndEditToolbar>
        </li>
    </ItemTemplate>
</telerik:RadListView>
<sf:Pager id="pager" runat="server"></sf:Pager>

Posted by Community Admin on 07-Jun-2011 00:00

It may also be worth noting, I'm getting the following JavaScript errors:

b._events is undefined

jQuery("#" + this._deleteOperationsContainerID).clickMenu is not a function

Posted by Community Admin on 09-Jun-2011 00:00

Hello Brett,

Do you use some custom scripts on the page or have you changed the initial version of jQuery. From the error it looks like that there is some js conflict  and some of the objects could not be found.

You can see if there are custom scripts loaded using FireBug or another tool like fiddler web debugger.

Best wishes,
Ivan Dimitrov
the Telerik team

Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items

Posted by Community Admin on 09-Jun-2011 00:00

Ivan,
  Yes I am using custom scripts on the page.  I'm importing jQuery using the following method:

<sf:ResourceLinks ID="resourcesLinks" runat="server">
            <sf:ResourceFile JavaScriptLibrary="JQuery" />
        </sf:ResourceLinks>

And including all of my scripts right before the close of the form tag in my master page used for the template as indicated should be done by another member of the Telerik team like so:
        <script src="/js/jquery.tools.min.js" type="text/javascript"></script>
        <script src="/js/global.js" type="text/javascript"></script>
        <script type="text/javascript">
            jQuery(document).ready(function ()
                jQuery(".sfTagsList").each(function (index, item) $(item).find("li:last-child").addClass('last'); )
            );
        </script>

These are all needed on the page.  Is there something else I need to be doing with the imports? 

Posted by Community Admin on 14-Jun-2011 00:00

Hello Brett,

I suppose that the problem is related to

<script src="/js/jquery.tools.min.js" type="text/javascript"></script>
<script src="/js/global.js" type="text/javascript"></script>

if you remove them do you get errors.

The js you use does not requires jquery tools. I am not sure what is the purpose for the second script.
We also have jquery tools that you can reference from Telerik.Sitefinity.Resources.Scripts.jquery.a-tools-1.5.2.min.js. It is possible that there is version conflict.

Kind regards,
Ivan Dimitrov
the Telerik team
Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items

Posted by Community Admin on 19-Jan-2015 00:00

Innovation is an evolutionary process. It takes time, profound body of knowledge and continuous passionate efforts to build technology and process breakthroughs.  Regards -  http://ecommercemix.com

This thread is closed