Using RadRotator in News Template

Posted by Community Admin on 03-Aug-2018 16:45

Using RadRotator in News Template

All Replies

Posted by Community Admin on 07-Jun-2011 00:00

I created a new template within the New list settings with the intention of wanting to use a RadRotator to scroll my news titles. I used the code below in the template that ultimately results in a "error parsing template" message. What am I missing here?

<%@ Control Language="C#" %>
<%@ Register TagPrefix="sf" Namespace="Telerik.Sitefinity.Web.UI.ContentUI" Assembly="Telerik.Sitefinity" %>
<%@ Register TagPrefix="sf" Namespace="Telerik.Sitefinity.Web.UI.Comments" Assembly="Telerik.Sitefinity" %>
<%@ Register TagPrefix="sf" Namespace="Telerik.Sitefinity.Web.UI" Assembly="Telerik.Sitefinity" %>
<%@ Register TagPrefix="sf" Namespace="Telerik.Sitefinity.Web.UI.PublicControls.BrowseAndEdit" Assembly="Telerik.Sitefinity" %>
<%@ Register TagPrefix="telerik" Namespace="Telerik.Web.UI" Assembly="Telerik.Web.UI" %>

<div id="home-top-scroller-wrapper">
        <div style="float: left; width: 105px;">
            SVA HEADLINES:</div>
        <div style="float: right; width: 805px;">
            <telerik:RadRotator ID="rrHeadlines" runat="server" CssClass="scroller"
                FrameDuration="0" Height="30px" ItemHeight="30px" ItemWidth="805px" ScrollDuration="15000"
                Width="805px" AppendDataBoundItems="True">
                <Items>
                    <telerik:RadRotatorItem>
                        <ItemTemplate>

</ItemTemplate>
                    </telerik:RadRotatorItem>
                </Items>
                <ItemTemplate>
                  <sf:DetailsViewHyperLink TextDataField="Title" ToolTipDataField="Description" runat="server" />
                </ItemTemplate>
            </telerik:RadRotator>          
        </div>
    </div>

Posted by Community Admin on 09-Jun-2011 00:00

Hi Craig ,

You can use this template only with a custom widget. The default News control requires
RadListView and Pager controls in its template

Best wishes,
Ivan Dimitrov
the Telerik team

Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items

Posted by Community Admin on 09-Jun-2011 00:00

Thanks.

This thread is closed