Categories and Tags on Content Block

Posted by Community Admin on 03-Aug-2018 18:41

Categories and Tags on Content Block

All Replies

Posted by Community Admin on 07-Jun-2011 00:00

Hello,

I am wondering how to set categories and tags for a content block in Sitefinity 4.1. 
What I'm looking to do is create a course catalog.  So I have created the hierarchical category of High School (parent) and under that I have Mathematics, Science, etc (children).  With tags I go into more specifc topics like Algebra, Calculus, etc.

Under content blocks I have added each course description, but how would I add a category or tag to this description.  Then be able to query for all courses under Mathematics > Algebra and have the list with description show up on a page.

Is there a way to add categories and tags in the same manner as you can with blogs and news items?

Thank you,

Steph

Posted by Community Admin on 10-Jun-2011 00:00

Hello Stephanie,

That's a tough one, you can add taxonomy to content blocks programatically, similar functionality has been discussed and we have provided a code sample here. However, What I'd recommend you is to take advantage of our Lists module as it offers you much more flexibility in terms of what you-re trying to achieve - you can add custom fields to lists, create parent-child lists and still use the same functionality as in content block. Please let me know if you need any additional information, and provide me with some additional details if the proposed solution does not suit your use case scenario.

All the best,
Boyan Barnev
the Telerik team

Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items

This thread is closed